RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quick noob question :D

Rep:
Level 90
Ok when you put in ur name like how u pick enter hero name from the event list, when they put it in how do u get it to save? Like wen talkin to sum1 here let me put an ex.

Enter Hero name:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Name: Tipa

Matt: Why did you invade our town?
Tipa: You made us mad.

Ok now how would u make it "know" there name so I can actually have ppl names in Orcatan?

Rep:
Level 91
:whoa:
a. use enter hero name and choose the hero
b. the hero will be renamed
c. use \n[X] to call the name of the hero (X = position in the database)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
Incase you have no idea what he means by position in database, I will tell you. Say that Arshes is  main character for your game, you would go to the database and open the hero page. There will be a number on the left of his name, this is his ID number. You will replace the "X" in my example, with this ID number.

An example of how it should look:
\n[ X ] will be replaced with \n[001]

An example of it put into a conversation, and inserted into someones sentence:
\n[ X ]: Hello Mom!
Mother: Why, hello \n[ X ]

-WILL BE REPLACED BY-

\n[001]: Hello Mom!
Mother: Why, hello \n[001]

The \n[001] will be replaced with "Arshes" because that is his name. Hope this helps you out, and I made this for maybe some of the other people that want to know how.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Cool! I knew it had to be something like that, I just didn't know what command to use.  Thanks for puttin this on here
Game: Tears of Kahlandris
|||||||||| Demo = 10%
Click here for game info! http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4756

Rep:
Level 90
Ty ^_^ U made my day lol I needed that for ma game

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
This question has been asked many times before, use the search function next time...

Rep:
Level 90
No problem, really, but I believe there are some older topics describing this... But good to hear i helped somebody out :^^:
I actually fugured out everything I know from XP the hard way, I never looked up sites or posted on forums, if you ask me, learning it yourself is the best way.
A good example of this is, got this from Jay Leno from the tonight show, if you buy a kid , lets say, a dirt bike for christmas, you should break it before giving it to him/her. doing this would cause the kids to fix the bike by theirselves, which leads to them learning the insides and outs of the whole bike without complicated instructions. This is good because, if they just take it out before knowing how to handle it, they will end up running into a tree or something, but by knowing how to handle it, would lead them to being easier on it, and appreciating what they got, not by messing it up trying to do more of the complicated things, like scripting, which leads to messing your already jacked game up :?
So, to all you more newbier players, take things one step at a time, and don't drive your game into a tree.