RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Kloo's N00B question section :P (for XP)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I am very new at this. I made alota ok maps (in my opinion) but I don't really have the feel of the triggers going on, if yah know what mean. I have a series of questions I need so I can get my RPG making groove on  :wink:

-How does the world map work?

-How can you work a party member switch (when you have more than 4)

-How do you add party members

-How do you take out party members

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
to add and change party members there is an event type called change Party and in there to add on use the Character you want to add, and select add to party, to remove select a character to remove and then select Remove from party that shoudl do those two
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

Thanks, but how do you activate a party member switch in the menu? Because all i see is a max of 4. I dont see room for other ones.

Sorry for the double post... But I need to know this one small easy question...

how do i get the map to work xD . I try it and i cant select it in any area.

Rep:
Level 91
look up there in the sky, you'll see nice boxs called layers..
blue one is events layer, thats the only layer that allows you to "select the map"

as for over 4 members.. that's a script...
holy shit my sig was big!

Thanks for the information about being over 4 players being a script. but what i meant by "map" i meant how do u make the WORLD map work while playing the game.  :P

Rep:
Level 91
a world map..
you teleport to the map and walk as if you were a giant person who wants to smash stuff...
Oo

lol, no no. i mean like...for example. Your traveling around your in a dif country. you dont know where to go right? then ur like. O ill look at my paper map!
heres the problem for me:
They have an Item called "map" but for some reason it wont work. how can i make it work?

Rep:
Level 91
oooo... what?
lol no kidding
tell you what , make a common event link to the map, make the map unconsumable and only menu usable
when you click on the map use the show picture button and show a map (conditional branch so it will fit the map the hero is in) then do a para event on every map that removes the picture if they key (whateva) is pressed

lol, thanks dude.

Rep:
Level 90
~
Hey.  I have a script that gets you 5 party members, however the database won't allow you to have over 4 at the start so you need to use an event to add this 5th character [Figures <.<]

http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4586