RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Some Writing Piece

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Chapter 1 - Midnight Run

It was a dark and stormy night. Detective Kith Loth was getting ready to go home to enjoy the break of Christmas with his family. Kith was a tall, muscly type of man, and he looked as if he belonged in a model magazine. The rain began pouring hard, as if the clouds were sheding tears. He managed to grab hold of a black taxi cab so that he may not have to walk the entire way in the fell weather. The car was having a smooth ride through the streets of London, England. The roads were desolate, everyone had gone inside to seek shelter from such weather. The breath of the winds lifted leaves from their fallen homes. Kith was looking around and thinking about much that had happened that day. He knew that he had done his best job ever today busting local criminal superstar, Lawrence Tucker.

Years eariler, the Tucker Shoe and Cloth Emporium had been passed down to Lawrence since the death of his grandfather, Mark Tucker. Lawrence hadn't been too pleased when all the revenue he was getting was going to make him a middle class man. He decided to get a side job with some thugsters, and began stashing drugs inside the shoes. The profit then skyrocketed, making Lawrence a multi-millionaire. Of course, Kith wasn't pleased with him making so much money off illegal products. He had to take a stand, and being supreme detective in London, he was able to bust Lawrence.

He smiled at the thought and began looking forward to what he would do next. No criminal in the world would be getting rich while Kith was still around. The cab pulled up next to the house where Kith and his family was staying. He turned and payed the taxi driver the money for the ride. He looked around and saw that his son's car wasn't where it was supposed to be. Probably out drunk again, he thought. He knew that his son was a delinquent and he was trying to find out how to get his son to change his ways.

He walked up the front stairs to his house and took out his keys. Suddenly, a bat hit him right smack in the back of the head and he fell unconscious. He woke up to find the chief of police and an officer with him. The chief went to make a phone call, while the officer began speaking to Kith.

"Kith,"he began,"are you alright? They roughed you up pretty bad. Your head could have been seriously hurt from that. We managed to arrest the crooks."

"Can I see them, Matt?"asked Lith in a quiet voice, as if speaking to a spirit that only he could hear. He had a bandage on the back of his head where he had been hit."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:25:05 AM by boe »
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Quote from: deadly_diablo

It was a dark and stormy night.[\quote]
Taking the Snoopy approach, eh? :^^:

Lith was a tall, muscly type of man, and he looked as if he belonged in a The rain began pouring hard, as if the clouds were sheding tears.[\quote]
Wait... as if he belonged in a what?

He turned and payed the detective the money for the ride.

The taxi driver paid the detective?  Or did you mean to type "taxi driver" instead of "detective?"

"Lith,"he began,"are you alright?"[\quote]
Whoa, whoa, wait... wasn't his name Kith?

All that set aside, nice work!  I've always wanted to get into a nice detective story.

Rep:
Level 92
Hmm, I guess I could use some editing help. I fixed em, any more comments people?

Yeah I like the snoopy approach. :P
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 92
Matt walked up to Kith and slowly knelt before him.

"Kith.."he said,"we've discovered many many horrible things. You see, the gang that supplies Lawrence with his drugs wasn't too happy with what you did to Lawrence. They have sneakily implanted a bomb in your house!"

"A..b..bomb?!??!"asked Kith, surprised,"My family...what am..I going to do?"

The shock of what he had just heard...it couldn't be true. He needed to get his family out of there and fast! But where would he go? He thought about it and decided to bring his family to a safe place, then go find his son, Estergard, wherever he was.

"I..I'm leaving town with my family..."said Kith,"I can't do anything else."

"Very sad to hear business, Kith,"replied Matt,"it won't be the same with you gone."

Kith began to walk as fast as he good, since his house wasn't too far from the police station. Matt walked into the side room to speak to the chief.

There was a surgic reaction at home when Kith revealed the whole story.

"A bomb?" asked his wife,"but where will we go? And what about Estergard?"

"I've arranged for us to go see Aunt Ferna at the country farm," replied Kith to the question,"and I'll come back for Estergard once we're all safe. Come on girls, let's move."

The two daughters jumped up and walked with thier mother and they followed Kith out the door. Kith turned around and looked at his house one last time and then went off. He got into his car and began to drive towards the highway. The country farm was at the fifth or sixth exit on the way. Things got messy once they passed the 3rd exit. At this point, the highway was just a two-way lane passing through a desert. They realized that a mob carrying torches was headed towards them. None of them looked like thugsters, just ordinary city folk with shovels and knives. And he saw that Matt was there as well. Kith told his family to stay inside while he figured out what was going on.

"What is happening?"asked Kith, staring at the mob of people standing there in total darkness.

"You stole our money!"yelled someone from the crowd,"you stole the city's money and were planning to run away with it."

The whole crowd joined in on that chant. Kith was surprised at what was happening to him. He hadn't done anything wrong, why were they accusing him of theft?

Then Matt opened the trunk of the police car he had lent Kith. Greens, tens, no thousands, no millions were stored there."

The rain let up for a bit at this time. A man about the same age as Matt came and shot the money into the air, and allowed the people to catch it. Some of it fell into the puddles of rain, but most were given to the folk. In the middle of this, Matt yelled,"We cannot see anything. So don't do anything rash and attack the detective."

He gave a slight nod of his head leftward and a tough looking man rammed into Kith. Kith didn't want to react with violence, but at this moment, he felt he had no other choice of action. People came running at him, he just pushed them back, as if he controlled the wind. Then Matt picked up a bat and smacked Kith on the back of his head. This made Kith spin around uncontrollably, and a young thug with a knife ran by him and stabbed him smack dab in the chest. The pain was unbearable at this point, and Kith still didn't notice that it was Matt that hit him in the head.

Matt helped Kith into his car, and inside, his wife and daughters said let's go now, we don't want to see anymore violence. At the same time Matt announced that,"in a rush of panic, the people may torch the car."

He gave a slight nod to the right and some folks sprayed some flamabble oil on the car and lit it. Then all the people ran away as the car exploded in flames, and every last living being in there was burned to ashes. Matt and his company ended up laughing at how well they had acted in this set-up. In their attempt to get rich, and because of their corrupt ways, that has killed an innocent family..

Meanwhile, in Northampton, England, in a bar around the corner of the M1, trouble was brewing. Estergard Loth was playing pool with some of his buds, and he was smoking a nice Rothman's Special pack. Estergard took his cue stick, precised and launched. The cue ball went, hit the 3, 1, and 6 in simaltaneously. Then he took a shot at the 5, it bounced off the 2 and both went it. Then he launched it, it went around the black ball hit the 4 in, bounced off, and hit the 7. Finally he took aim for the black ball, he shoots, it goes and it rebounds right near the corner and stops without going in. His opponent called the pocket the ball is near, takes a shot, makes the ball bounce backwards and into the hole on the opposite side! Thus winning Estergard the match.

Estergard decided to take a break and have a drink before he got the next challenger. He pulled up to a seat next to the bartender and ordered himself half a glass of Heineken. He pulled the bottle right about to drink the first sip, when his cellphone rang, and in the surprise, he dropped the beer all over his good shirt. He picked up the cellphone and spoke.

"Yes?"he asked.

"Estergard,"yelled a familiar voice. It was the warm voice of Roxy, a teenage girl around the age of 16, black hair, quite short (been made fun of for that but always gets the last laugh). She didn't like drinking nor smoking, and she hated violence more than anything in the world. She wasn't really one of them rich, snobby types, just a regular teenage girl that liked to have a good time and have fun.

"Why did you have to call me now?" he asked,"you made me spill Heineken all over my good shirt."

"But this is urgent,"she said,"your parents have been murdered by a mob of people, and they are coming after y......."

Her voice was trailed off, and he heard the mean, masculine voice of Matt.

"Well,"he said,"she will make a good hostage. And its too late for you. The mob is approaching Northampton as we speak. They will be there in no time at all, and your death will give me the chance to become the richest man in England!"

"Matt.."said Estergard,"what the heck are you talking about...oh nevermind." And with that he cut the phone, as two angry looking mob men walked through the door.

"Eheheh,"said the two,"your going to make us rich."

They both pulled out their knives and made way to Estergard. Estergard quickly jumped behind the counter and took out the shotgun that was kept there incase an icident was to happen. Estergard aimed at the leg of one of the mob men, but the other jumped in the way and got shot in the head. The one who was still alive shot his knife at Estergard, whom ducked right away, and shot the man in the head as well.

Then he jumped out the window, and ran. He jumped over fences, and climbed poles to reach the highway. Once on it, he ran into the darkness of the midnight skies.

< Zelda Fan Club