RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
characters disappear after conversations

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
first post!  yeehaw.

So, I tried searching for my problem but I couldn't find it, so here I go!

I'm working on a project in RPGM2k wherein when there is talking, the other characters in the group pop out, a la Final Fantasy, and then when the talking is done and it's time to move on, they pop back into the Hero and disappear.  I understand how that all works, and it's been working fine.

The problem I have is that after the conversations have ended, and it's time for the other characters in my group to walk back into the Hero so I can teleport them away, they just disappear instead.  They won't do the Move Event to the Hero, they just go, as if they're skipping the Move Event.

Here's the final few lines of code from what I'm working on:

Messg:Alex: You guys are idiots.
Move Event... :     Sheep, Face Up, Up
Move Event... :     Jones, Face Righ, Right
Setup Event's Place: Sheep (003,002)
Setup Event's Place: Jones (005,002)

The idea being, again, that they would walk into the Hero and then be teleported away from the screen (to a hidden location above the playing area).  But instead of moving, they just disappear.

I'm using A Blurred Line as an event guide, digging through it to see what he did, and his characters always walked back to the Hero and then teleported away.  The only difference is that in the final text, in the Move Event spot, he put a Start Slip Through before the movements, and a Stop Slip Through after the movements.  So I thought, "Hell, I don't know what that means, but I'll do it," and I did and it didn't work.  The characters still disappeared.

My question is: is there some kind of switch I have to setup so that my characters don't just disappear, so that they actually finish their final movement before they're teleported?  Or do I just have to work around it?

I hope I gave enough information.  Thanks in advance.

Rep:
Level 91
Your probably gonna have to work around it, because the party members are running into the main character, right? So what you need to do, is just have them face, and then go away.