RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
distributing game without RTP (2003)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I tried looking for this and I found one, but its a little too vague for me..
[Before you distribute your game you need to put all the resources you used, in your games project folder. The easiest way to do this is simply copy them from the RTP and paste them in thier corresponding folders.

Example: If I used the character set Hero1.png I need to copy that file from the RTP and paste it into my projects character set folder.]

Does this mean I shouldn't put in the resources I haven't used yet?  and what about the files in the RTP folder that aren't in seperate folders like  
irunin.lng ??  Then it says to open up notepad and add
FullPackageFlag=1  on a new line in RPG_RT.ini, but i dont see RPG_RT.ini anywhere! I think i need a little help

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
yes you copy all the files you've used if you want the others it's quite okay (I'm assuming you're posting a demo since you say you haven't used some resoursces yet) RPG_RT.ini is under if you installed it to your Prgram Files Folder and then to RPG Maker 2003 C:\Program Files\RPG Maker 2003\rpg2003 (this is where mine is I'm  pretty sure)
Current Project = The Eleysian Fantasy: Exodus 0% Done Re-Vamping Everything From

I still dont see RPG_RT.ini anywhere.  Is it one of the icons?  The castle that says rpg2003??

the castle that says rpg2003 is either the actual program you use to make the games RPG MAKER 2003!!! or it is a pic of a horse from chess which is an icon. The file might be hidden what OS are you using?
Current Project = The Eleysian Fantasy: Exodus 0% Done Re-Vamping Everything From

rpg maker 2003....i had this same problem when i tried rpg maker 2000...couldn't find the rpg_rt.ini file

WTF mate what are you talking about??? You didn't even answer the question how am I supposed to help you. BTW You are using 2k3 or you woulnd't have a file called rpg2003.

I just don't understand what you mean by OS, operating system?
And yes I know that rpg maker 2003 would have a file called rpg2003, it was pretty obvious.  I just want to know why there isn't an RPG_RT.ini file

there is you just obviously can't see it by OS yes I mean operating system. if you go to View in the drop down menu then go to folder options then view select show all hidden files and folders click apply now you should see anyhthing you couldn't before. = 3.1/95/98/2000/NT Just simply go to folder options in the drop down bar then go to view then select the same thing. = ME/XP. I hope this helps cause if not I have no idea where the file is.

no that doesn't work because my view bar doesn't have anything that says view hidden and I have XP.  What does your RPG_RT.ini file look like?  What icon does it have

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Umm..when you create Gamedisk, just clikc the thing that says Include RTP in Gamedisk. And then make a zip/rar/install file.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

well ive figured out the RPG_RT.ini file, and i put the fullpackage flag thing in it and added harmony.dll, but now my game is too big even after I compress it....now what do i do?  I used 7-zip btw

Rep:
Level 92
Exactly how big is it? Use yousendit.com or rapidshare.de
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

it says that uncompressed it is 19.4 MB.  Am i missing some step that makes that smaller or something??

Rep:
Level 92
Thats small enough for those sites.

< Zelda Fan Club