RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Player house

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Can I crete a house that the player can custamize, like in the old pokemon games (the hideouts) ? And when you create a tileset, it asks for 2 colors (transparent and somthin else) what do I pick for these?

Rep:
Level 90
Yes, but you need alot of different maps of the same map... 8)

Rep:
Level 91
er..
or you can always do something like that:
a. cover the entire house with events (yeah...)
b. each event will ask the player something like:
"would you like to put an item here?"
options:yes,no
if yes
-would you like to put a chair?
choices yesno
and so on

now, if he puts a chair (which you will condition in item chair is in the inventory) then do swtich chair(xy)=0n (don't forget to name the switches so that every tile will have it's unique switch say chair1020 (x=10 y =20) or chair 31 (x=3, y=1)

then make that sort of stuff for every item you want to use in the house

as for tilesets, right and left click on the background of the tileset, it simply asks you what color you don't want to see
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
What do I right click? The trancluent color?

Rep:
Level 91
lolz if you can fix that spelling then yes.
otherwise that color (the background of the tileset!!) will show up with the tileset in the maps and that won't look too great
holy shit my sig was big!