RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: Limited vision

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
im trying to make the effect of limited vison in a cave that i have made.

im looking for something like there being full clear sight just around the charater, then gradually getting darker to black as it gets further away.

btw, i use RPG XP

Rep:
Level 90
It will probably be awhile until someone posts something for you on that, so just be patient.
Oh, and I believe this belongs in the script request section...I think... :roll:

Oh...Congratulations To Me! It is my 50th post everyone! I'm done spamming... :wink:

Rep:
Level 91
it's possible with events but extremely annoying and hard to make.
here is what you need to do:
step 1- make the cave
step 2- cover it with events - 1 tile = 1 event.
step 3 enable walking on a dark tile of your choice
step 4 don't touch the first page of any event, make a new one precondition it with a switch (EVERY TILE MUST HAVE A DIFFRENT SWITCH BUT DO NOT USE LOCAL SWITCHES)
step 5. change the graphic of it to the black tile you can walk on
step 6. choose "dark and light" spots, cover rows with hero touch tinting so that there will be a tinting affect causing tiles to look darker even when seen.
step 6 and the most annoying one, remember those first pages you elft empty? all of them must be set to hero touch and xcluding the tinting some of them do all of them have to switch on and off the tiles around them
so say you condition x1 x2 x3 etc and the map looks like:
(X= tile n=number of tile, for example X1 X2 X2923)

XnXnXnXnXn
XnXnXnXnXn
XnXnXnXnXn
XnXnXnXnXn
XnXnXnXnXn

now if you are in the middle a move to the left will trigger hero touch of Xn+1x (1 x tile) in it you will switch off all the tiles behind one row before it and switch on all those who are one row infront of it (xo=on Xf=off Xm=middle after moving)

XfXfxfxfxfxfxf
xfXfxoxoxoxf
xfXfxoxmxoxf
xfXfxoxoxoxf
xfXfxfxfxfxfxf

this will create a square of 3x3 of light if done right, the graphic of those events should be left empty so that the map will be showen

it's insanly hard work and i think you are going to use like 500switches on it but i can't think of a better way atm xcluidng maybe a script
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
Or you can mess around with locations as varibles, and have it take about a hundred varibles instead.

Rep:
Level 91
actually since each event spot is X and Y you will need to double the amount of switches you use and then use a para that works with all the variables that may come in trickier and harder to do

either way, this thing is hell and highly not recommended

There's a Fog of war script in Dubealex's place. Try to find it there. It's just like WoW. You have to explore the maps with limited vision. I'll post a link tomorrow.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
:shock: that seems really complex to me...

is there any way i can just overlay a premade image overtop of the screen?

Rep:
Level 91
lolz now i feel dumb for not thinking about it
a. go to import and improt a picture to graphics/pictures
right and left mouse click on the middle color so you won't see it.

b. go to event commands, on the 2nd tab there is a button called "show picture"
select your image and set the the event to para process or autostart and add erase event after showing the picture.

and then you'll have to test the map tons of times so you can place the walls and the middle circle so that the hero will never leave the circle