RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: Level Monitoring Script

Rep:
Level 90
Alright, I don't know how I'm going to explain this, but I'll give it a shot.

I would code this myself, only I just do C++ and HTML and I'm not familiar with this language. I'll try to explain it the best I can using "fake" code.

Code: [Select]
if (var "x" = 5){   //If the variable "x" (whatever you choose) is equal to 5
   Stop level;       //Do not allow the ability to level
   Print "You have reached the max level. Defeat Coyote to move on."; //Message stating you must beat person to be allowed to level again.
   do{
       Print.Choice "Teleport to arena now?"; //Give a choice to go to arena.
       Wait (3000);  //Wait (not pause game) 30 seconds
       Print "Will so-and-so please come to the arena at this time.";
       Wait (500);   //Wait (not pause game) 5 seconds
   }while (switch "x" = off);
   if (switch "x" = on){
        Start level;    //Allow the ability to level
        Set var "x" = 6;   //Set variable "x" equal to six
    }
}

I want to have multiple of that code, allowing for several start and stops. This is for a tournament and giving level caps so you don't become too powerful at one time. I basically used a C++ format (some C++ code), but I'm sure my little comments off to the right will give you a good idea of what I want.

That was the best way, I feel, that I could explain the code I want - by making my own code and showing how I want it. Like I said, if I knew the language I would do it myself, but I don't, so I can't.

Alright, I'm done now.

Er... Couldn't you just do that with events?

Rep:
Level 91
quite easy actually

firstly if you want levels to be actual true levels and base on exp then make 2 heroes that are perfectly the same, one will start at level 1 and his end level will be setted to 5 and the other will start on 5 and his last level will be 99

start with the normal hero and condition the door or whateva teleport event to
if switch donewiating=off then
-if hero(say arshesssssssssss) level is 5 then
--teleport to the arena now?
--show choices yes/no
---yes:
----*play weird sound*
----wait 20-30frames
----"we are dancing like mad coes come back say ... later...."
----switch (countdown) = on
---no:
-else
else
-teleport event.

then make a para proccess event precondtioned by countdown=on
once started make it do:
wait X frames (say 400)
switch (donewaiting) = on
switch(countdown) = off

hope it helps

(oh and whenever you wanna go above level 5 remove the first hero and add the 2nd hero you made. (do the adding first)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
So, basically a conditional, with a level as the condition. I think he wanted it the other way around, maxing stats at certain parts of the game.

Rep:
Level 90
That's not what I was looking for, because they still need to have the choice to go earlier if they want to, this just stops them from "ubering" out the other fighter.

I also intend to have about 6-8 times this happens, and I think that an event would be kind of annoying, requiring me to put it on all the maps. A script, in my opinion, makes things much more simpler.

If nobody would like to make this, then I need a link on a good place to get information on this language so I can go and make it myself.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
What about making a common event (on parallel process) do the trick?
That way you only have to make 1 event. You could make it so it was reading the max level from a variable, so you could control the max level by time.
You would only have to make the event once and just change the variable anytime you want to change the max level.

I have tested it, and it works that way. Though a scripting solution probably be better, especially if you have a lot of heros you need to check.
If it's only few heros you need to check, you can just as well do it that way.