RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Create an event,Hero hides behind a rock while a guard comes

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hey people,
I need help creating this event.It always comes out wrong.
I created a map were the hero is trying to get out wihtou being noticed.
She comes to a part where she says"someone is coming i better hide".
There are a couple rocks in the landscape.If she doesn't hide behind them and goes to the end of the map,a battle will occur.If she does(this is where i have problems)a guard will come up,say he thougth he heard something,and go back out.
Now what i need is to be able to freeze the hero on that spot while the guard is out,and be able to make the guard walk up a little,say is message,and walk back to the end of the map,dissapear,and then the hero will resume.
Thanks in advance!
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 91
easy...
when the guard comes use a switch and a preconditioned para process, in it put wait X frames (note there are something berween 10 and 20 frames per sec, changes if the map is loaded with events or empty) after that period of time (say 5sec) if the switch wasn't turned off (hero touch event behind the rocks that turns off the para) the guard will come for you, else it will do his stuff

should go something like:

precondition- switch(guard is coming)
trigger para process

wait 100frames
enemy encounter

and the buttons go like:
trigger hero touch
switch(guard is coming) = off
*guard move event*

if you wanna make it more interesting cover the hero touch triggered events with hero touch triggered events that look like:

if switch(guard is coming)= off then
 if switch(guardgone) = off then
   enemy encounter

this way any movement while the guard is around will trigger a fight
don't forget that if you use it you need to finish the move event of the guard with guardgone=on

and then make a teleport event somewhere...

hope it helps
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Thanks blueXx.
I already had my "event maker"(?),take a look at your note,and he's working on it.
Good looking out  :wink:
"Have you read your STICKY today?"