RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mugen Ryu

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
This is a project that I'm working on before I get in too deep with Sekai Taisen. Here's a link to what I have on that so far -->Sekai Taisen<--
I also have a topic on this in RMXP.net, but the people there don't seem to be as responsive as the people here.

Well, I'm messin' with RMXP and ran across a dilema: "I don't know how to mess with scripts for anything!!"

As I realized how much of a problem this is, I looked to the internet to seek help. I came across this site through a link from another forum, and noticed the wide variety of custom RGSS scripts submitted to this forum. As I looked through and experimented with the scripts, I noticed something: Copying and pasting isn't gonna cut it this time......

So I decided to seek some help. I may be a total nOOb when it comes to scripting, but I'm still good with mapping and writting. I just need some scripters and artists to help out with this project. I have limited access to a scanner, so all I really need in terms of artists are spriters. If you people would help me, I would be more than Thankful.

I posted a request in the "user submitted RGSS scripts" forum, but I realized how little detail I included in terms of scripts. This is a link to my request ---->Request<-----( NOTE: This is an RMXP.net Link ) I think I may put down some details of my game here so you can have a general understanding of what I'm shooting for.

I'm using a number of KGC's scripts. Here's a list of scripts that I'm using. If someone would please help with the compatabilty, I would be most greatuatous:

AP System --by KGC--
Overdrive--by KGC--
ATB --by Sacra Tsti--
Large Party --by KGC--
Counter Attack Option --by Glaciesflamma--
Gold Display on Map --by Hypershadow180--
Mini-Map --by Squall--

Now here are the dilemas I'm having with the scripts:

I can't get the counter  to waste the ATB meter
I can't get the command window to be displayed for the extra 2 characters that I added for battle.

That's pretty much it for the scripts....... for now :?

As for my game:

I'm shooting for something I haven't seen before in terms of tactical strategies with "squad based battles". I want to make it so that there's a different menu for when you're in the world map and when you're in battle.  I guess I'll go into more detail for everyone's sake. :P

The battle system:

I want to make it so that it's turn based during battles, but when you encounter an enemy it'll go into a battle, hence the squad based. One character (The lead member of the squad) would represent the squad on the map. One enemy unit would also represent an enemy squad. Battles will take place, in what I would consider normally, when the two conflicting squads attack eachother (sorta like ogre battle[super nintendo, playstation]). I also want there to be a seperate menu during battles from the menu in the world map (sorta like FF Tactics). I also want the map battles to be in phases (like La Pucelle Tactics or Advanced wars). The seperate squads would have a certain amount of movement spaces according to the combined speed of the squad.

The World Map:

The world Map is what I made that request for(in the first part of my post). I want the world map to be more or less like FF Tactics, but more like Growlanser II. I would also like there to be random battles at any time on the world map (just like in Growlanser II). You wouldn't be able to go to places that you aren't supposed to go or get past (like in FF Tactics) unlss you have some sort of business there. Really the CMS I requested would be the only thing I want for the world map, besides navigation and other obvious things.

The towns:

I want the towns to be navigatable as if this were a regular RPG. I don't want it to be like in FF Tactics, where you only go to the Shop, Pub, and Inn.

That's pretty much what I want for this game. If I can get some help for this game it would be much appreciated.

Now for the plot and things of the like.

The plot:

There's a war. There is alot of commotion running about the 6 major cities of the continent, Mugen (The First Cintinent of the game). The 6 Royal Families, reffered to as The Mugen Ryu, are in much conflict. The Prince of Melice(The beginning city), Atla (The Main Character), feels that the war is ridiculous and serves no purpose but destruction. King Forsye (Pronounced for*sii*e) disagrees with his sons view of the war and challenges his son as a bluff. He tells his son that if he wishes to do something worth the time of the people, he would be assertive and participate in the war. Though his Father did not mean these words, Atla accepted his fathers challenge and joined in with the Malitia. As part of th Royal Family, he was well versed on swordplay, it's a tradition of the family to practice fencing.

As Atla sets off to the battlefield he meets with his childhood friend, Selius. Selius was in the Melice Malitia for a number of years before th war began without Atla's knowledge. As a Commander, Atla used his Rank to recruit Selius to his Squad. As Atla and Selius sit to reminise by the River at the edge of the city, there's an attack. <--I'm planning on starting the game from here-->

The Characters:  <--Note: Main Characters in BOLD type-->

Atla- The main character. His strong resolve makes it easy for him to press on, even in the feircest conditions.

Selius- His laid back attitude hides his strong will, but this is what often off-sets peple from looking at Selius prperly as a soldier.

Lia- Atla's kid sister and hier to the throne as the woman of the off spring. Spunky and whole-hearted, she's as innocent as any other young girl her age.

Forcye- The King. Has a somewhat complicated personality caused by his duty to his people and his duty as a father.

Serae- Atla's deceased mother. Why is she here? You'll see  :D

That's pretty much it for the characters. I don't wann give 'em all away :D

And that pretty much sums it up. Thank you for paying attention to me rambling on about something that probably won't get done, but it was worth a shot. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP ME OUT, PLEASE GET AHOLD OF ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

Thank you for listening!
----------Sasame Kiryu

Bridget is SOOOOOOOOOOO kewl XD

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
hey looks good! can we see some screen shots? (if u dont know where to host them use ImageShack)
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
I don't really have any progress on this game. I'm really just making an announcement so that someone that's willing to help can help me. So if you have any of the particular criteria for which I asked assistance it would be most appreciated.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
ACK!! Double Post!!

Here's some screens:

Hope you like the screens so far. I'm trying not to use the defaults, but it may not be helped with this game.

Thanks for listening.
--------Sasame Kiryu

Rep:
Level 91
Heh.

I like the concept, but with the regular battle system, it might not work that well. Why don't you try something, like you can only fight him for 3 turns, then it goes back to the map.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
I'm trying my best to change the default battle system thing. I may use a side view battle. Otherwise, I really just need to learn how to script some more.

Also, I need some good spriters.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Ah, so this is Sasame Kiryu's game...
The plot sounds excellent!  And somewhat reminiscent of Ogre Battle 64.  As for the scripts...  I don't know anything about 'em either.  You can try "scripting" using events... you know, anything's possible...

And spriting... my pixel art stinks. :^^:

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
Ack, I wish I knew what you meant (never played ogre battle 64)

My pixel art rocks, but doing it makes me feel like someone should be paying me for it (hates working) This thing is just being worked on so people can play this while I'm making Sekai Taisen (Trinity Project) which is being worked at on a constant.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Ah, well Ogre Battle 64 is about these kingdoms at war, and there's this prince guy and his best friend who think the wars are pointless, so they're all like WOO LET'S SAVE THE WORLD.  Man, I love that game.

I'll check out that other game of yours, too.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
My other game will be bigger in terms of things to do, so I'm trying to get this one done first. Hopefully it won't take me too long (still trying to learn how to script).