RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
no title yet....My game is at the very basic start

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hey guys!
I registered in this forum some time ago.I have only posted to introduce myself,and then went on some time off the net.
When i registered i was also starting a project for a game.That was put on hold to.
But now im back,and would like to get things moving.
I have one person that i met over the net who is helping me,but we are at the very beggining.Me,i'm more of a writer.But i do a little of it all(in the most,very little,at least until i get a little more experience of rpgmXP).
We haven't done much yet,just figured out the classes for our heros and small stuff like that.But i do have a little bit of the story written.
http://www.websamba.com/mark-emulstation/script.txt
Read it,and if you like the ideia,join us,so we can turn it into a game!!
Any questions or comments,please let me know!!
Thanks!
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Ah, fresh meat. Always seems to make a good plot. Alright, I'll help out I suppose. I'm not getting very far with my game right now.
Just gimme a job besides artwork and music composing...

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hey, can I join your team. I am kinda new too but I could do maps or quests or something... :D

This is great!!
I'm glad to see you guys are interessted in joining in!
My msn messenger is available...
ArkBennet,you dont seem to have the messenger.We have to figure out a way to comunicate.
Jaikon,i'll add you to my msngr right now.
I finally feel this game is goin places!!Thanks guys!

Quote from: mark

Jaikon,i'll add you to my msngr right now.

I'm waiting... lol :D

Point. We could perhaps communicate through E-Mail? And chatwise, we could always use the chatroom here. PM your E-Mail to me.

Ark, can you get msn please because we both have it and we can talk on there :)

That's something I really can't do. This really isn't my computer so I'm only stubbed to one messenger... Plus if I start using MSN my sister will start saying how unfair I am and start using my AIM which I don't want her to do.
She's not really smart and has a tendencie to mess things up. There is always alternatives.

*Yeah, sorry Halo, I'll try to remember that...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Please discuss this in PM's and leave this topic open to discuss the progress of the project. Thank you.
:tinysmile:

Hey guys,the team is groing,and i think we're getting along.Looks promising.
Now however,we needed a tileset artist.If anyone wants to join,please...PLEASE!
Or somebody could just be kind enough to give us a tile with doors...eh eh.
One of the maps needs these custom doors.The size would be the same as door 01 of the rtp.We need some double doors,fitting that scale(height).
These double doors are for the town hall(cipset,castle exterior).And regular doors for the buildings around.
Thanks guys!!

Hey mark, you might want to post this in the Resources forum, I think it would get a better reception there! :D

Ok guys.
The project is goin on wheels.Now that i have more to explain about the game,maybe i'll get more people interested in joining.
Well,for those who didn't want to read the story cuz it seemed to big,i'll try to resume what i have up till now.
INTRO:
 The intro of the game will start with this creature,chained to a wall.He is wandering why is he there,what is he,and who are those people around him ,that keep him chained,feed him,and cause him so much pain.
Still in intro scenes,the creature is taken to a room filled with people.They leave him there and you see them activating a device.This causes so much pain in the creature,that he goes temporarly insane,and kills everyone in the room.You see an eye peeking through an opening on the wall.This is Shea,the spy from the other town.She is the charachter you start with.
 THE GAME STARTS:
Shea is trying to get out of the cave where she saw the monster.A series of events will occur were she has to hide from guards,find rooms with keys to locked doors,watch where she steps not to make noise,etc.She will then hide again at the exit and overhear one of the guards say that the creature is ready for the attack to her village.She now knows the date,and runs to the village to tell the elder(she will go through a forest,so you will have random battles with creatures).You then switch to Zanasse the bounty hunter who is sent to capture the beast.You have a chance to walk through the village,go to the trainning arena,local shops and the library to learn about energy and world history.After you go to bed,get ready for the invasion.
When the other town attacks i plan on doing like this:You will be shootin arrows against the enemies,so you'll see them from a top view.You'll have one of those cross target thingy's and try to shoot them before they reach the town walls.Assuming you do a good job,the creature is now free and running away.You'll try to follow him,but he hides in a cave.You know he cant get out of there from any other way,and decide to wait for him,as a behemoth enters the cave right after.Time for a cutscene.
CUTSCENE 1:
Bardieff,the enemy's commander hears about the failure.He smacks his subordinates around a bit and then fears that the town will capture the creature and use it against him.One of the soldiers says that it would be impossible,and he reminds him that without the device,the creature is not that powerfull.He then sends for Yethill,as he would be the only one capable of bringing it back.
You will then see the creature in the cave,with all the dilema of wat the heck is goin on,when the behemoth appears.
BACK TO THE GAME:
As the creature you will fight the behemoth,it is to powerfull and you will lose.A voice familiar to the creature tells him to run away,and he obeys.You now have to try and run through the cave before the behemoth gets you(this will imply jumping,ducking,all sorts of tasks).
As soon as you get out,another cutscene awaits.
CUTSCENE 2:
Zanasse(the bounty hunter)releases his arrow,and the creature faces certain death.If not for a lighting that destroys the arrow.This is the intro for Yethill(for more details on his thunder powers read the story on the link in the first post).He claims that he will take the creature alive back to his village.Zanasse disagrees and you fight as Zanasse.Again you will lose.
When Yethill is this close to killing Zanasse,the creature covers him and saves his life.He asks Zanasse to join him and he agrees,Yethill doesnt and a new battle begins.This time you are the creature and Zanasse,if you lose,game over.

OK,Thats what i have in mind for now,just an idea of what i want.I have more already planned out,but just to see this done would be great.
Now,let me explain about elements.It is called Zenesis energy.
I just wrote a story about how it started,and tomorrow,if my crew likes the story i'll gladly post it here.
However,this energy is concentrated on (yes you guessed it) crystals.
These crystals can be equiped in your armor,weapons and jewelry.Each crystal has a color corresponding to its element.You can equip your hero with the same element all over,making his powers wuth that element greatly increase,or have a variety of elements and learn how to mix elements in your attacks.Like wind and fire would create a hurricane of flames(ex).
There is also grystal dust,that you can collect and then take to a mixer,who will make you potions and spells out of it.Each potion would have a price,and a diferent quantity of dust bags would be needed.
Well,i think thats a very resumed idea for my game.
At the moment the team is as follows:
Me-Plot,event creator
Ark-scripter
Jay-Mapper
Fil-Mapper,event creator
These are defined by what everyone does best or most.Everyone does a bit of everything.I believe like this,we have diferent opinions,and can choose wich one is the best,for any subject.
So if you're interested,please post about what you can do,and let me know ok?
Thanks

Halo of the sun could u please compose some music to my game... heard u were the best :-P

Rep:
Level 91
linkan the 1 thing in your line that is very very wrong is that you say "you were the best" while he still IS the best

anyways please pm or post a new topic next time (if it's a new topic it should have your game in it)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
Hey man, there is always me! (btw link, uh you shouldn't post these in another persons forum) Im always here to cut Halo some slack so I can make music too if ya want, I need more work, I am finishing up the project I am currently working on so if ya need music just send me a PM and/or we can talk on Yahoo or Msn.

Quote from: blueXx
linkan the 1 thing in your line that is very very wrong is that you say "you were the best" while he still IS the best

anyways please pm or post a new topic next time (if it's a new topic it should have your game in it)

Ooops sorry understand now

Hey man, there is always me! (btw link, uh you shouldn't post these in another persons forum)

Wha? You're doing it to.
Please, nobody post this unless it has something to with the game jeez.
PM somebody about any questions, corrections, issues, etc. outside this game that you may have.

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
are you using RMXP or RM2k3?
if your using 2k3 can i join your team??
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Sorry man, we're working on this project with RMXP.

Well...x-mas is over!
I hope everyone had a good holiday,whatever you celebrate...and a happy new year!
My project was put on hold for a while,because i had family over for the holidays.But now everyone is gone,and i intend to return full steam to my project.
Has a new year's gift,i thought i would post some screenies of the project so far.Sorry...there still is no demo.We have to link some stuff toghether first,but it should be up prety soon thought!
Meanwhile,take a look at some screenies i took of the project.