RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vampire Chronicles

Rep:
Level 90
Hey, this game is based on a RP forum that I go to (and I am an admin to) often.  It only has four characters (small amount... I know), who will be listed below.

For a story so far me and my friend Rob (the owner of the forum) have only come up with a broad idea of where the story is going to go. (Note: For those of you who have played Vampire: The Masquerade you may recognize the names I use)

Basic Idea: You play the role of a vampire, Mingol, who is a Gangrel that gives himself up for hire for wars and the like in payment of blood. As the game progresses, the character might feel a little... confused (I will include hints as to what is happening "outside of the box") on what the game is about all together. This is good, because the hints shouldn't have told too much. After they fight in the First Crusade they will start to hear whispers of a vampire looking for the body of Caine, the first vampire.

This game basically takes the character throughout time, with meeting the boss a few times. They will also have to fight a Garou (werwolf) by the name of Saliu.

Well, enough of that, on to the characters:

Mingol: Mingol was a member of the Celtic-Germanic Helvetii tribe. He was born in 123 BC to a lower ranking family among his tribesmen. In 102 he marched along with his bretheren of the Cimbri and Teutoni tribes towards Italy in an attempt to gain more land. Unfortunately, Mingol's camp was attacked by a Gangrel vampire the night before they marched.

Lietius: He was born in the year 1,070 and grew up as a squire for a Holy Knight. He was knighted 2 years before the First Crusade (1,093) and he had been in various battles and skirmishes. On his journey to the Holy Kingdom (Jerusalem), around Constantinople, his troop regiment had been attacked in the night by a group of vampires. Lietius had slain 8 of the vampires before they managed to subdue him (they snapped both of his arms) and he had then been sired.

Aurulia (Lilin): Aurulia was born into a noble English family in 1485. She was a very bright girl and had a quick wit. Her parents had put her into an arranged marriage with the son of another noble family, but Aurulia didn't want to marry him. Afraid of what would become of her life, should she marry him, she went to her parents and begged them to allow her to go to Italy for a while to escape her suitor. Reluctantly they agreed and by the next morning she was halfway there. The events after that were hazy and she doesn't speak about them. It was after that night that she realized she was no longer human, but she didnt know what she had become, or been turned into. She never contacted her family again and she went into hiding to try to figure out what she had become.

Taleni: No Bio Yet.

Now that we got that out of our way, let's get some screenshots in, yeah? (YEAH!!!) Ok then.

Title/Game Over Screen:

Title Screen
Game Over Screen

Embraced (Forest):

In-Game 1
In-Game 2
In-Game 3
Making Of 1

Moving On (Boat):

In-Game 1
Making Of 1

Port (Outlying Village):

In-Game 1
In-Game 2
In-Game 3
Making Of 1

Here's a video of the game... it's kind of behind the times and is very low quality:

In-Game:

Video One - 13.47 MB Compressed ZIP File

Well, that's it so far. I'll update this when I get some updates.

By the way, this is RM2k since that's what the people at the forum voted on.

UPDATE 12/12/05: Soundtrack Halfway done.

NOTE: The RP forum this is based off of is based off of the vampire's and werewolves out of White Wolf's World of Darkness. All names created by White Wolf are their property, and the forum nor I take any credit for any of that technical stuff. Although, the majority of character names and the general story line is based off of my own mind.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
hey dude, nice screens, original story, good maps and likeful chars!!!!!!
well, you have a lot of potential!!!!!! Let us be informed!!!!!!!!
And hey, any help pm me, it

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks guys. I'm working on getting a few events working, so I haven't really got any new maps to update you guys with. I'll get some more when I can.

Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, nice game dude, good luck with it. The screenies are pretty good. Just a little dark... I understand why though! So nobody post telling me it has to be because you a vampire in the game!

Rep:
Level 90
Heh, yeah. Anyway, I've been slacking a little (still trying to decide on a minor aspect of the current area I'm working on...), so I still don't have anything new (I promise to have something tomorrow).

While I'm on the subject of furthering my game does anyone want/would like to make sort of... darker music?

If you would like to you can PM me or contact me by AIM, E-mail or MSN, that way I can specify more clearly.

Thanks guys. Again, I promise to get some new stuff out by sometime tomorrow. (Promising to give stuff out is what makes me work harder and faster.)

Edit: By the way, for any of you who may want to know, the forum from which this is based currently resides at http://s14.invisionfree.com/Vampire_Chronicles/index.php?act=idx. Check it out if you're into that kind of thing.

Rep:
Level 90
If you need any help, say, on finding sprites for your game, just tell me and I'll see if I can help.

Rep:
Level 90
I got an update with my semi-complete soundtrack. I will have it up to download when I get it all (not the game, but the music) put together.

Also, I take no credit for making these, I'm just using them in my game. (They aren't commercial.. except one)

Edit: By the way, I downloaded all of these FREE from Newgrounds Audio, so I am assuming they have no legal... junk attached, even though I have no intention of not giving credit where credit is due.

this sounds like a pretty good game though I might say the screens need to be brighter becasue in some I couldn't see everything that was going on.
Current Project = The Eleysian Fantasy: Exodus 0% Done Re-Vamping Everything From

Well, I think he left those screens a little blacker because it

Rep:
Level 90
Well, I tried to make it dark like night, while still keeping it light enough to see. I can see it fine, but maybe my monitors brightness is up or something (wouldn't be surprised...).

By the way, the screens in the forest are blue because it's a memory that Mingol is having about when he was Embraced (changed into a vampire). It's the opening sequence, requiring you to fight the vampire (it doesn't last long - 1 hit, maybe 2 max).

I've been working on making Jerusalem (a pain in the ass). I don't even know what it looked like during the First Crusade, but I'm just going to have to put something together.

I'm probably going to take away the part with the sun coming up (where the timer was) since the timer seems buggy on RM2k.

Well, I thinks that about wraps it up then.

*turns monitor brightness up to max* Alright thats better anyways I have an extremely knowledgeable History teacher that might be able to help with the Jerusalem pics if you want some.
Current Project = The Eleysian Fantasy: Exodus 0% Done Re-Vamping Everything From

Rep:
Level 90
Sure, I guess it wouldn't hurt to attempt to get it historically accurate.

alrighty then I shall get some info BTW when (or if they already are then where) will the music downloads or somewhere we can listen to them be up.

Rep:
Level 90
They will be available to download in one package when I get all the songs that I want into the entire sound track.

If you can't wait, or just want to listen to them now, you can go to www.newgrounds.com/audio/ and search out the users (I have their names next to the songs (p.s. The Final Round is final_round on there)).