RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Kingaran Fantasy

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Demo Status : 65%
Current Task : Mapping
Complete Game Status : 2%

Well all updates will be posted in bold.

====
Story
====

The world of Kingara was constructed by the four gods of life. Each of the gods had there own element, Fire, Water, Earth and Life. The god of earth made the lands shape, the god of fire helped pave the seas and rivers, then the god of water filled them with gushing waves. Finally the god of life gave the land life, plants, animals, and finally humans.

The gods left the world of Kingara to let it grow, as the humans strived to make the land as beautiful as can be. However, they had forgotten the 5th god, the god which had no name. He arrived in the world of Kingara, and began to give the honest people the power of evil.

The four gods returned to Kingara, to find the devil. After a huge battle, the devil was defeated and cast into the deepest depths of Kingara, but the four gods were wounded. They decided to lock the final remnants of their power away in four huge towers which they had constructed, and nobody would be able to open them. They then turned themselves into humans, and became known as the guardians of the towers, humans with power.

For generations, the guardians passed their power down until the legend of the guardians died, and not even the guadians themselves knew of their power.

It was then, the devil returned. The devil, which had spent the generations since the battle climbing to the top of the Kingaran depths. It was now so weak, only its spirit remained. It still had the power to control minds, and give his powers to whom he controlled.

Meanwhile, the Kingaran King, King Herberus, had been learning of the towers, and had begun to investigate them. He was interested in unlocking the gods power, which had been sort after for so long...

But the devil too wanted this power, as he once again wanted to rule the land of Kingara. The devil came to the Kingaran King, and took over his soul. He learned all his knowledge in seconds, and he left the body, and went to search for another, wiser mind. But he made one mistake, the King of Kingaran managed to learn some of the devils knowledge, and he managed to learn where one of the guardians, not just a guardian but, the true guardian, the one who ruled the others, the image of all the gods combined power. The king found, and captured the true guardian, and erased his memory.

As the king grew closer to learning the secrets of the gods, random attack started happening, monsters began appearing from nowhere, and attacking the Kingaran soldiers.

The king had no idea what was happening...

Neither did the people who were slaughtered...

The king fought the monsters bravely, and eventually managed to find where they were coming from...

Yeavin Tower, one of the four towers of the gods!

He sent out his best soldiers, the elites to attack the monsters, find and elimate the source of the ever growing strength that lurked near the tower...

Meanwhile, our story starts the other side of the world, on a small boat travelling to Kingaran Castle...

You play as Finw

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
LOOKS GREAT!!! Sounds GREAT! And I really want to know i thought you gave up on RPG making?
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

Rep:
Level 91
question: how come every1 use ryu/ryan as their chars? lolz

now for the rest:

storyline- good idea, no super power item/jewel to obtain, thats actually original lolz

good evil system- ok thats a shock for me
i had a plan for doing that , but checking it i have decided it takes far too long, instead i am letting you the evil/good choice in every single mini quest, if you can actually manage to pull up a good/evil system you'll be hearing a lot of claps, *claps just for the awsome efforts you are going to make*
music- what do i know about it? lolz

and maps- as good as ever, maybe better, you gotta make a tutorial of that high/low places in the maps you make, it's really good looking

i sorta think that if you'll make a player zoom, the map will look a bit , how you call it "plain" so blablabla add flowers, you know the stuff

overall - shiny ^^
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
I know, the maps are not complete yet, it says above  :^^:

Thanks for your comments.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
hey dwarra, nice screenshots, and the story is nice too, warn us when you relase a demo, ok?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
is Ryuu (Ryooooooo) heheh...the only character? whats kind of battle sytem will you have? sounds good, and i LOVe ur maps! make a tut. on caves and such!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Sure, ill make some tutorials. And no there are more characters, but there not needed just yet... Ill add them in when im done  :^^:

Your maps are good...too good! Your insulting!
http://evergar.forumsplace.com
The Forum for my new series:
Evergar

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Actually, I think the map of the village is waaaayyy better than the cave map (although they're both good, don't get me wrong.) Sounds good though, and you can't go wrong with FF7 music.  :wink:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Thank you Halo !!!

*UPDATE*

Ive decided that when you become evil, you learn different skills as opposed to when you become "good".

Evil will consist of offensive attacks and fire summons.
Good will consist of other summons like angels and so on, and your magic would be status changing effects, like cure and revive etc.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
*UPDATE*

New Character Information

Name : Reya
Bio : Reya is from a small farming villiage called Abivale. She has always wanted to prove herself to her friends and family, but has never had the oppurtunity. After learning about Abivale Canyon, Reya decides to try and find the hidden secret and remove her families poor status.

New Screenshot

Just more of Abivale Canyon ^_^

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
What's up with the flower
btw you've gotten better at mapping since you first try for the guild but still could use some work(you still have a small issues with exteroirs but no1 will complain about exept perfectionest like me) also add this to your volcanos  with this the volcano  will make it look more detailed and realistic(yea is if you could get that close to lava lol)

should look like its flowwing
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Thanks, the main reason for my mapping "success" is because of you, so thanks!

Also, you get that close in final fantasy 8 so :P
And ill use the flower, thanks again!!!

Could you put some links to the screen shots, they don't seem to be loading in the post for me... tried refreshing several times.  Also a tip to make updates easier to find... Make edits to original post with updates then just bump the topic.

OK, after posting that the images seem to have loaded...

Town, looks a bit bland, perhaps mix up the buildings a bit and add some more filler.  Other than that looks great.

Caves, look awesome can't really suggest anything to improve them really.

Tip for future Screen shots, goto  View>Dim Other Layers and unclick it, then goto layer 3, and they'll look better (no grid.)

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
D00d, the town isnt finished! THATS WHY!!!
People should read :P

And thanks for the tip  8)

I had read that it wasn't finished, just looked like you were planning on using the same building over and over with no varrience..

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
New updates, check first post, bold stuff is the updated stuff.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
hehe well its ok i spose (joke) its as amazing as ever the only thing i dont like is that your too good maybe you robed the old sages RPg making skills and used them your self your a beast i swear you need to be killed your that good

Well not that good i mean im waywaywayway better (joke again)

Wellwellwell heres one just for your Dwarra W000000000000000000t

8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Hehe your mapping skills are gr8

Current Project: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
A new screenshot has been added, its also on the first page.

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
DUDE!! Dwarra i really like how you did the outer edge of the water line.  Great job!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Thanks for your comments ^_^

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
Your welcome,  So how much of this game do you have completed?

Rep:
Level 91
I still think their are too many boats

Rep:
Level 91
HOW are they to many boats, these only 3, any way great map