RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Why is my event only usable from the sides?

Rep: +0/-0Level 35
RMRK Junior
 This is kind of driving me crazy because I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing this. My speculation has run to "maybe there's too many things in this column" but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Basically I have an event that is visually jail cell bars, and is set to same level, action button, and begins a conversation. (Meant to be the character behind the bars.) However, the event on the right, where I want it to be, only works if I ctrl-walk in the editor and use it from the sides. It does not work from above or below. But, I copied it (the left one) and that works fine from every direction. What gives?
DrunkDorks.com (us)
Facebook.com/DrunkDorks (us)
Twitter.com/OrihimeWarlock (me)

Rep: +0/-0Level 35
RMRK Junior
I figured it out. After all these years, it's still the simplest things that can get you.

Below the event is one sent to below, touch, but when it's turned off, it swaps to a new, blank page set to below, action button. That was trumping any adjacent events.
DrunkDorks.com (us)
Facebook.com/DrunkDorks (us)
Twitter.com/OrihimeWarlock (me)