RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Custom HUD Images

Rep:
Level 35
Bringing Science Fiction to RMXP, Hardcore!
<CUSTOM HUD>
<7/15/2017>

Summary
<<I am working on a game called Dead End, in the RMXP game creation engine. Please view the project forum here: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=51144.msg584490#msg584490
What I am looking for is a solution to creating a custom HUD. The HUD is simple, and simply shows the image of the player character, and three hearts to display HP. I need help implementing this HUD into my game.
What I want is a HUD similar to the game Dreaming Mary view topic here https://rpgmaker.net/games/6232/>>

Features Desired
Basically, the HUD is simply a picture of Mary, and four flower petals beneath the window frame. Whenever a character tells Mary they will do something for her in exchange for one of her flower petals, the flower petal disappears. I am working on something similar in Dead End, where whenever a particular event occurs, the player character may lose one of their hearts.
I need help implementing a system like this. Does it even require scripting? Can I do something of this nature through eventing and show picture command? PLEASE HELP!

Mockups
<<>>

Games its been in
  • Dreaming Mary

Did you search?
<<Yes>>

Where did you search?
  • RMRK.net
  • Google.com
  • Chaos Project
  • Rpgmaker.net
  • Google images