RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can't decide what to make...

Poll

Which will be played more?

Pokemon Nexus (MMORPG) (Real-Time battles, controlling your Pokemon, etc.)
1 (33.3%)
Everlot Online (MMORPG) (Inspired by Fantasy Online by Pixelated Games, Ragnarok Online, Sword Art Online, etc.)
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 12, 2016, 08:24:35 AM

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
As I can't find a good way to profit in the though times in Bulgaria, I decide to make games.

Yes, you may say "Go find a job" or something like that... But I'm a student in a university. Here it's not that easy to be a student in university and go to a job at the same time... It just won't work.

So, the best way for me (at least for now) is to make MMORPGs which use the well-known Cash Shops. It's not like I'm imagining a lot of profit form it, but at least it's some sort of a start for bigger things.

However, I can't decide what to make. Which will be most played and in the end, most profitable?
I'm crazy as much as I want to be.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I forgot to post on this earlier.

Are you intending to create a commercial project out of this? In that case, it's not legal for you to use Pokemon (or other trademarked properties) in your game. I think you should probably stick with the other idea.

Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:35:11 AM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
I forgot to post on this earlier.

Are you intending to create a commercial project out of this? In that case, it's not legal for you to use Pokemon (or other trademarked properties) in your game. I think you should probably stick with the other idea.

Good luck! :)

Well, it's not like I'm going to sell the game or anything. It'll just have a Cash Shop where players can get limited items or VIP status, etc. I think this is not against the law.

Thanks!~
I'm crazy as much as I want to be.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I think any sort of financial gain (cash shops included) is illegal for trademarked properties.

I'd definitely recommend staying on the safer side and making the other game, either way.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]