RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My name is Graham, newbie

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
Hey guys!!

So I'm quite new to the site and was asked to post here to introduce myself.

My name is Graham Dodge and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Pure Canadian through and through.

In the year 2000 I started making a game called: "GALER: Plague of heroes." This game was at first meant to be a tribute to my Dungeons & Dragons group who became the best of friends. GALER is the name of our group made up of the first initials of all of our names:

G- for Graham
A- for Alec
L- for Luke
E- for Eddie
R- for Robert

However, as I started making the game it became quite profound that as the storyline went on, it was actually a true parallel to what was going on in my life. In the beginning you start off as a character named "Croswell", well this character was fashioned after a long time friend Sean Croswell who I haven't seen in 25 years, but my first love of RPG's came from watching him play Final Fantasy and cheering him on back in the late 80's....

In fact, the first characters you meet in the game were all people I met in early childhood. A true parallel to real life. As I went on crafting the game, the remaining characters in my game came into picture almost exactly when I met them in real life... Very eerie as I did not intend for this to happen, it just 'happened.'

As I grew older and into my late 20's, I noticed that I just wasn't 'right.' There was something mentally wrong with me, and I used my game to tell my story of mental illness, which can be seen as the world in my game falling apart and people dying from a zombie apocalypse, or in real life, me blocking out my issues with alcohol and losing friends and family in the process of my destruction...

This is more than just a 'game' for me, it is my story and perhaps others while they are playing my game can relate to it. That is my sole purpose for eventually finishing this game in 2015.

Here is the link to my game on Steam (release date set for December):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/508330

Thanks so much for your support!!!

Sincerely,
-Graham Dodge
"All that we have is each other, and them..."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
hi @whats up
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
Hey guys,

Just kind of still in shock about actually having my game completed and going to be on Steam.

As for my personality, I can be described as: Extroverted, sensitive, and compassionate towards people with disabilities.

I have a business degree and was in sales for the majority of my life, but I was miserable. After becoming a father two years ago, I quit my job and began working with adults with intellectual disabilities. Never been happier.  :)
"All that we have is each other, and them..."

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Welcome, brother! I love your story and your drive to help others! :)

Also, congrats on releasing your game to steam!! Always an impressive feat! :D
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]