RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fire Emblem Fates!

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
WHY WAS THIS NOT A TOPIC YET???

Me and Yuyu, both got different versions. I got Conquest, and she got Birthright.
Then were going to switch, and then were going to play Revelation when it come out. :3

Tho I already beat Conquest and Im already basically halfway through Birthright :[

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I got the special edition so I've already played through all 3. Gameplay is awesome, story is decent (miles better than Awakening, though), music is terrific. The My Castle thing is pretty nifty, I hope they expand on that idea in future games.

I think between just Birthright and Conquest, I prefer Conquest. It's hard to say, really. The story of Birthright is better, but I like the more traditional FE style of Birthright. Revelation is pretty cool, and the story certainly makes more sense than the other two, but if I were to replay just one in the future I'd probably stick to Conquest.

I like that there's so many new skills and I'm really glad they changed up the whole "pair up" thing from Awakening, so it's not so overpowered.

The only real complaint I have is I don't like the way the, uh... character stats/inventory/menu thing on the bottom screen is laid out in battle. I don't like that stat buffs are colored black when they were always like blue or green before (it took me a long time to figure out that wasn't a debuff to my stats). This is also worse considering weapons and skills change stats so much now. I mean you can just touch the stat and the little infobox comes up but I still don't like it. I guess it's not that big of a deal, it just seems weird that a 4th of the screen is dedicated to the character portrait. And I don't like the art style. But whatever, great game(s). Might be my favorite in the series.
:tinysmile:

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I hate the stupid have kids, then player can marry said kids. Like thats just creepy, im old enough to be their parent!
Hated that in awakening too.

I also hate how the important characters always call you brother/sister, considering how you can have S supports with them all...

I got the special edition so I've already played through all 3.

Im so jealous, I didnt do enough research ahead of time to even find out there was a third version before it was too late! I cant wait until March 10th D:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm really looking forward to revelations so I can not have to experience the awfulness of picking a side. I like Ryoma and Xander. :<

Also the brother/sister thing is dumb. Especially if you marry one of your "brothers" who magically fall in love with you upon realizing there ain't no shared blood... So it's ok!!!

More text incoming when I'm on my computer next and have time. Overall? GG! ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
I married Xander, then there was some dramatic moment in the game and he be like "Sister!"

way to ruin my romance, bro. :anski2:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I married Xander, then there was some dramatic moment in the game and he be like "Sister!"

way to ruin my romance, bro. :anski2:

lol I never even thought of that happening. Japan is weird.

I don't really pay attention much to the marriage aspect. I just build supports and kinda let it be its own thing. If an S-rank conversation is available, I just go for it, and I don't position people in battle so that they'll build support faster and end up being married or anything. So I ended up marrying Hana, then Arthur (lol), then Kaze.

I'm kinda mixed about the whole marriage/children aspect of FE games. It's like, well yeah, it's neat, but also the children almost always are terrible to use in battle so who cares. But then if there weren't children then there's not really any point in having a marriage system. But also I know a lot of people are really into that part of the game, and there's nothing wrong with that, so I wouldn't want it removed or anything.

I got the special edition so I've already played through all 3.

Im so jealous, I didnt do enough research ahead of time to even find out there was a third version before it was too late! I cant wait until March 10th D:

I wasn't going to bother until it was announced that all 3 games were on one cartridge for the same price as buying them individually, which is pretty convenient. I got really lucky because they sold out in like 5 minutes lol
:tinysmile:

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
I don't really pay attention much to the marriage aspect. I just build supports and kinda let it be its own thing. If an S-rank conversation is available, I just go for it, and I don't position people in battle so that they'll build support faster and end up being married or anything. So I ended up marrying Hana, then Arthur (lol), then Kaze.

I'm kinda mixed about the whole marriage/children aspect of FE games. It's like, well yeah, it's neat, but also the children almost always are terrible to use in battle so who cares. But then if there weren't children then there's not really any point in having a marriage system. But also I know a lot of people are really into that part of the game, and there's nothing wrong with that, so I wouldn't want it removed or anything.

Lol Arthur!

I like to go completionist with FE and get every single support, which I couldnt do in Conquest and that killed me lol
I think the children thing wouldnt be nearly as bad if they werent always magically aged and marriageable, like I like having more characters but thats just creeepy.

I wasn't going to bother until it was announced that all 3 games were on one cartridge for the same price as buying them individually, which is pretty convenient. I got really lucky because they sold out in like 5 minutes lol

Daang, and yet I see so many peoples "My Castles" who have it lol

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
So I saw this and was super excited.

Then I remembered I uh...

Haven't beaten Awakening yet...

I'm ashamed.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Its better than Awakening anyway. They don't even have much related either

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Me and Dr.Mc ended up preferring each other's games. :p I've started Conquest and like it soooo much better. The complexity is insanely fun and the characters just seem more interesting (even if we don't have a male pegasus knight on this side... ;_; ). Xander is my stoic blond, beautiful man waifu (followed by Niles and Laslow and Leo and maybe Odin and most definitely Arthur). I think I'll enjoy Revelations the most, but this game is pretty rad. ;o;

I think one of the only complains I have is that the "children" thing is a little dumb. It's cute to see the characters have varying stats and hair colors, but the entire system is pretty much shoehorned awkwardly into the plot. At least Awakening had a reason for including the children (although the story wasn't too great). u_u I'd be happy with more character customization for the allies; the accessory stuff was on the right track (even if you can't actually see your characters fighting in bath towels heh heh)...
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
lo it's husbando, u non-weeb
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But waifu desu!!! Kawaii sugoi!!!! >_<

... I don't know what I'm saying :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I'm halfway through Birthright and Conquest at Chapter 19 and 23 respectively and i've got to say, i'm having a blast with the difficulty they added in especially in Conquest. Gonna go through Revelations soon (I have the special edition) right after i'm done with both stories though.
なんでやねん