RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Liffum [RM2003]

Rep: +0/-0Level 28
RMRK Junior
Liffum is a new challenging RPG that tries to make the world as intractable as possible, as well as giving the feel of playing an interactive anime or manga.  This project is moving to RPG Maker MV. The RPG Maker 2003 version is playable and many gameplay features in that game will make its into the MV version.

===Story===
The day of the Spring festival is almost here. A young boy by the name of Firmo was sent to go deliver a letter from his Mother to Maystar's Mom. There he meets his long time friend Maystar, a cheerful young girl who is full of energy. She tells Firmo to meet her at her secret hideout along with Maxwell and Drefend. There she declares that they are going to take the Heroes Exams. An exam where people are put to the test in order to become Heroes. it's Maxwell's dream to become a Hero even though he isn't good at Physical Activity. Maystar proposes they train inside the Forbidden Cave. A Cave where it is said that people who train there become stronger. In there they see a stone that grants them Power. Firmo has the power of sound manipulation, Maystar has the Power of Light Manipulation, Maxwell has the power of Gravity Manipulation and Drefend has the Power of Time Manipulaton. They go back home not telling anyone about their new powers. The next day it is the day of the festival. Firmo meets his friends and they have fun and than go to their secret hideout for a sleep over. The next day they were informed of something shocking

===Characters===
Firmo: A strange 11 year old boy. He doesn't say much but his personality is strange to most people.

Maystar: A 16 year old girl. She is full of energy and has a passion for life. She is close to her mother. Her mother does not leave the house for any reason.

Maxwell: A 16 year old boy who has a dream of becoming a hero even though he does not like physical activity. He is shy and afraid of a lot of things. His favorite hobby is listening to the radio and writing down things he finds interesting. His father has a short temper towards him a lot but he cares deeply about him.

Drefend: A 15 year old girl who likes to read a lot. She is very gentle and kind. Her mother died due to illness a long time ago and her father became over protective of her ever since.

===Game play Features===
-Day/Night System
-Stat Growths Depending on what you do in Battle
-Side Quests
-Talk to Party members in different ways at all times.
-In depth interactions with NPCs and Objects.
-Hunger and Thirst System.
-Custom Skill Growth
-Area Based Encounter System
-Morality System

===Screenshots===

At anytime you can set up your party's skills which they will do as you move around the map or come across some events.

You can write a phrase...

Which you can say to people or yourself at anytime. i tried to make the games vocabulary large. Such as swearing will decrease Firmo's Morality even if no one is around to hear him. If you are trying to make an NPC respond to something you say, be sure to start your sentence with a Capital Letter. That first word is the only one that is capitalized. There is no need to put a ! or . at the end of your sentence unless you are asking a question though I tried to make the game understand you by putting multiple ways of spelling a word, I even put the game to recognize some spelling errors such as "Your nice" and "You're Nice". If you are still having trouble just put in some Key Words like "Food" or "Nice"

Your group can grow hungry.

Many options will be available to you at all times.

You can shake any tree but only from the front, you may never know what you might find.

At anytime when you are with your party, you can talk to them or make use of their unique skills.

Some doors and chests are locked, you will have to lock pick them or find a key.

Build stats with the Attribute System or Learn skills at any time.

Turn on Stealth Mode with the 4 Key, you can pick pocket or easedrop on conversations.

Here is the Morality System. You can be good, evil or neutral.

If you are caught breaking the law you will either have to pay 100 Gold or go to jail.

Here is the Knights Guild. Here you can make money. You don't get money from defeating monsters like in most RPGs.

You can make in depth interactions with NPCs.

You can steal from houses and stores. In houses your reputation and morality lowers when you steal but in stores the shop owner will kick you and call the guards.

img host

===Controls===
Arrow Keys - Move
Action Key - Enter
Look Around, Rest and Review Quests - Shift
1- Check Extra Skills
2- Check Stamina
3- Check In-Game Time
4- Activate and Turn off Stealth Mode
5- Map Info and Area Reputation
6- Recall Most Recent Story Event
7- Write a Message
8- Recall Written Message
9- Give Items to Party, Increase Relationships and Talk with Group
0- Talk with Individual Party Members
/,*,- and . = Extra Options
+ - Edit Party Skills.

===Stat Increases in Battle===
Attacking Increases Attack
Having Less than 45% of Health (But more than 1%) in Battle Increases Defense
Defending Increase Speed and Defense (Defending also recovers a bit of HP and MP)
Using Items Increases Speed
Escaping from Battle increases Speed
Using Skills increase Spirit
And using the unique command can either increase Speed or Spirit.

===Download===
This game is moving to RPG Maker MV. This last game has seen many changes and is about to make it's final change. Many of the gameplay elements and perhaps even the story will transition to RPG Maker MV. Though some of the games mechanics don't do a whole lot such as Maxwell looking for secret areas, there is only 1 secret area in the game. Though I hope this will be enough to make it a good preview for what's coming in the future. The MV version of Liffum will be playable in demo version sometime this summer. I am really hoping to release the demo to my game during that time frame.

Demo Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g8r3dudd5cgxuao/Liffum_The_Life_of_Firmo.lzh
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:38:58 AM by EdmondPaper »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
First of all...welcome to the forums! ^_^

From the screenshots alone, I can see a few typos, such as missed commas or punctuation. Also, a minor correction needed for the sentence "You[r] lute playing skills ..."

The mapping could use just a tad more clutter in some places, namely outside. A few more weeds and flowers and grasses should do the trick. :D

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good! Always nice to see more open-world RPGs. ;o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
Thank you.
I updated this game, which is now being made in RPG Maker 2003. I was using the lite version of RPG Maker VX which I didn't realize I could only make 20 Maps on there so going to RPG 2003 now.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
VXA Lite is a good way to test out the engine, but it's so limited ._. I definitely recommend using the full version of VXA, which is always on sale, now that MV has come out ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
The first true demo is now released.
I think anything past XP is amazing though I have to buy it through the internet which I'm paranoid of doing :P

RMRK Junior
The last demo update of the year is posted. This game contains about 30 minutes of gameplay and LOTS of replay ability. I hope you can all play this game and find something to enjoy about it. For me it was important to make sure that a lot of the decisions you make will have clear and heavy impact on the story as well as giving the feeling that you have almost unlimited options on how to play the game like a WRPG as well as give off a certain feel and atmosphere like an anime or JRPG. I hope you all enjoy, This was the most important demo for me to release as this is the Demo that will give the player a clear idea of where I want to take this game to. Please enjoy the demo.

RMRK Junior
A new redesign for the game is out I've completely changed everything about this game for the better.

RMRK Junior
A new update will be released soon including original character models  (For the main characters) and a bigger system that will hope to compete with the likes of Skyrim  when it comes to world exploration such as a hunger system and main characters dying when attempting to entering a dungeon. Liffum, a free game that will never ask a nickle from your wallet hopes to compete with big buget games when it comes to content.  (Plus the town i teased in the last demo will be finished.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:50:49 AM by EdmondPaper »

RMRK Junior
I redone everything in the game for the last time. This is the final redesign for the game. The demo will be released in about a week from now. I hope this game will offer a very deep experience.

RMRK Junior
The Demo for Liffum is now here. It contains about a half hour of gameplay. There is a lot more time spent if you try to find everything the game has to offer.

RMRK Junior
Well I thought I would be releasing the next demo during the summer but here it is rather early and for a reason. This project is moving to RPG Maker MV. And I have to start from scratch once again, I know I keep doing this but this will be the final time. And I think this final version will be the best version of the game.
Anyways I added only 1 Town in the game and a lot of game play features. I would have waited to add more but I wanted to work on the game through RPG Maker MV really badly, I already added most of the features from this game over to the MV version such as writing phrases and saying the phrases to NPCs. Though some features might not make it into the MV version such as Stealth Mode. Though that doesn't mean it's set in stone, it just means that it is not in the game yet. Anyways I hope you enjoy this demo.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This is kind of a late reply, sorry. ;-;

I think it's great that you're switching to MV! Although it can feel a little disheartening to have to start over multiple times, there is no shame in doing so. If you're happier with the results afterwards, that means you're getting even better at making games! ^-^

Good luck with the remake! :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
Thank you for being so interested in my game. Your game seems interesting too. :)
Although MV is sort of having some difficulties with my gameplay vision, in the story department this is going a lot further than I've imagined such as facial reactions. :P

EDIT: "The new version of Liffum will be called "Super Liffum RPG"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:25:47 AM by EdmondPaper »