RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[MV] Is there a crafting script yet?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Has anyone found one? ;_; Google yielded no results, but I figured there would already be one by now with how popular they are. Granted, they're probably pretty tough to script. ;9
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
I'd say the hardest part of scripting one is in the UI side of things. It's the most time consuming, at least for me.

It's hard to imagine that one isn't being worked on. I found a simple one for items here but it may be buggy (there's some reports).

Maybe I'll give something simple a shot over the next week or so, as part of my (re)learning. If there's anything particular you'd like it to do, just say and I'll see what I can do.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Ooh, neat plugin! I'll keep an eye out for if he finishes his weapons/armor crafting system. :D

Maybe I'll give something simple a shot over the next week or so, as part of my (re)learning. If there's anything particular you'd like it to do, just say and I'll see what I can do.

Awww, I really appreciate it! If you can't get around to it, I totally understand. :D I'm sure one will be made at some point (certainly sooner than it will take me to finish my ambitious project ;9).

Generally, we're going for something simple and basic. The only difference from usual crafting scripts is that we were going to give the player the option to craft "automatically" (basically, the normal way) or "manually" and be led to a screen that lets the player play a minigame (with the benefit of making the equipment have better stats or something). :)

I evented a different kind of crafting system (similar to morrowind's alchemy system), which turned out OK, but I hit a wall with it. :( We were going to use Yanfly's Item Core script for it, but it doesn't quite do exactly what we need (hopefully an add-on will be introduced in the future). The script allows weapons and armor to be individual, so they can be edited and all that fun stuff. But it doesn't seem like there's a way to edit any of the parameters yet. ;9 So, I started looking around for a recipe crafting system instead.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
I evented a different kind of crafting system (similar to morrowind's alchemy system), which turned out OK, but I hit a wall with it. :( We were going to use Yanfly's Item Core script for it, but it doesn't quite do exactly what we need (hopefully an add-on will be introduced in the future). The script allows weapons and armor to be individual, so they can be edited and all that fun stuff. But it doesn't seem like there's a way to edit any of the parameters yet. ;9 So, I started looking around for a recipe crafting system instead.

I've started up an plugin based on Yanfly's Item Core script rather than working on something completely new. Two reasons: it already does thigns that I'd only need to write myself, and my addon will likely benefit more from the compatibility that it would being a standalone.

There'll likely be a simple version released first that will simply allow you to create items (including weapons and armours) from recipes. After that, I can add in things that let you modify the stats (either at the point of craft or after craft). I'll probably come up with a default system or two to include, and any specific designs will probably benefit from being a separate plugin itself (eg, a minigame).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That sounds perfect! Certainly a good way to keep everything compatible. :D

Thanks again for all your help! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, wow! That's perfect!! :gracie: Thanks for sharing, Aco!

It seems like it works with the item core script too, and allows the equipment to be created as independent. :D I think all we need now is a method for editing parameters and a tweak later for the minigame "manual" option (I might actually be able to mess with the script with my limited knowledge for the minigame thing...maybe I can have it call a common event or something).

I used a ton of his stuff in the VXA version of the game (including that crafting system), so seeing all this is a huuuuuge relief. ;---;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]