RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
LIEL Character Template

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
This is a new start guys, I'm now really looking forward to improving with character sets and more.
I will be making a new thread containing the templates when I have at least a character for every body type (male, female and child to start with), check latest post for any small updates until then.

I'm going to be working on modern character sets btw :V

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:27:32 PM by SwampBeast »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Very cute! ^_^ Good to see you back in action, SwampBeast!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Nice to see you again Yuyu  ;)

This may not be very helpful but here's how i went about the hair (which still needs a bit more work i think).
*I don't always go about it this way, sometimes i work with a dark outline first, using the color on top of the head.

-----
*Template complete! Will be making a new thread soon.
And i worked on Maurice i bit more.
*Will be adding an npc soon, plan to finish this character before I put template up.
---
Removed Maurice for the moment, doing something.
*This character base is now the child, adult male complete, Maurice edited for adult male body.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:06:09 PM by SwampBeast »

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
An NPC i will be working on, any good? Trying to keep npc characters more simple looking.
I'm also having a hard time coming up with clothing to be honest lol, been a long time since i've tried working on basic characters.

Will keep working on it until i have something im good with.
*New look uploaded to top.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:52:58 AM by SwampBeast »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Personally, I think it looks great. Way better than anything I could do with sprites. ;o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Thanks pal ;)
I've decided to move away from the fantasy look and focus of modern character sets, i think i can do a better job with these, i've  uploaded the improved character to 1st post.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:06:31 AM by SwampBeast »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Do you think you could upload a general palette? I'm bad at color matching. ;_;

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Not great myself, but doing this sort of thing helps a good deal, i was able to improve a few shades for the better afterward, so thanks :D
Added to 1st post! I reused one or two dark colors from the template when working on the hair too.

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Character about complete, and i thought i'd upload a side frame too.
I've also decided to upload the template when i have three of four characters ready, want to have one character per body type first.

Palette updated too, one or two shades.
Good day folks!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member
They look pretty neat. Keep up the good work!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
modern come back we need you ;o;

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member
Oh, I doubt that :)

I pre-ordered MV though, so I might be around a little more frequently soon.

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Still working on this project, i will add some updated images of this template along with some other junk soon.

Until then folks ^^
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:44:04 AM by SwampBeast »