RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Nemo is Alone

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
This thread is best viewed on the "Dark" RMRK theme.

Nemo lives in a private estate in the middle of the countryside.

Surrounded by his friends, Nemo lives a happy, joyful life.

All the food Nemo could ever eat is in the basement of his home, and nothing bad ever happens.

He doesn't really remember how he got there.

He doesn't know why he and his friends seem to be the only people around for miles and miles.

Or why none of his friends seem to be human.

He definitely doesn't remember why there's a horrible dark void looming beyond the gates of the estate.

He certainly can't remember why thinking about these things makes his head ache and his eyes water.

But none of those things matter!

The past is in the past, right? The only thing that matters is having fun!

Story:

Spoiler for:
As his country sat on the precipice of an all-out world war, Nemo lived as a recluse, crippled by his fear of other people and a complete inability to cope with the harsh realities of adult life. Deeply concerned for Nemo's state of mind and mental well being, Nemo's family paid an extortionate amount of money to have them sent to a safe place in the countryside - a mental health retreat that specializes in helping "lost causes" - the Gentle Heart Retreat.

This exclusive care community has patients live with specially trained doctors and therapists, allowing them to have 24/7 access to all the help they could possibly need, and provides a safe place for their patients to recover.

Nemo makes swift progress, mainly thanks to a close bond with their therapist, Dr. Ann, and an experimental drug developed by the retreat.

Just when it seems Nemo will recover, war breaks out. The Gentle Heart Retreat is forcefully evacuated under the threat of a nuclear attack, and Nemo is left behind. The bomb is dropped, but ironically, the retreat - and Nemo - remained completely unscathed by the rampant destruction of war.

Years pass.

Nobody comes to get Nemo. There isn't anybody left to do so.

Nemo is alone. With no care, no medication, and no way to cope, he retreats into the world of fantasy and outright delusion.

A world where nothing bad ever happens, and nobody is ever left alone.

As food begins to run out, however, cracks start to appear in this perfect world.

Will Nemo break back into reality, or will this fantasy world persist forever?

Cast:

Spoiler for:

Nemo

The titular hero! Anxious and highly sensitive - he has a great deal of trouble coping with a lot of the harsher facts of life. Has violent moodswings when frightened, but is usually friendly and polite. A good person, down to their core.

Luci

A suspicious individual, who seems to be deeply distrusting of Nemo and mighty secretive. Seems to know a fair bit about the Gentle Heart Retreat. Where they come from, and whether or not they're even a real person, is a mystery.

? ? ?

A host of other characters will be sure to show their face - you don't want everything spoiled for you, do you?!

Screenshots:

These are super duper early development screenshots! But they're pretty much how the final thing will look, minus a few changes.

Spoiler for:

Features:
Features:
  • Original story, graphics and music - 100% no RTP!
  • 3 different storylines to explore, with 4 possible endings! Golly!
  • A horror game with a cutesy style! Wowza!
  • Survival mechanics and meaningful story choices - lots of the story is in your control! Neat!
  • Even more exclamation points and buzzwords! Amazing!

Left to Do:

Spoiler for:
The story and dialogue is 100% complete. Place holder graphics exist for 90% of the tilesets. All that remains is to finish the tilesets, character sprites and then event the darn thing! The scripts are all in place, and the event systems required for certain things are done too!

I would expect to be able to release a demo of the first chapter within about a month or two, if I can get it all done around my driving lessons + masters degree application.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:04:07 AM by Gracie »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Claiming this post! Just in case ~

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
And this one! Neato! Feel free to post now and call me a nerd or something.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
lookin good nerd
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
love the style :O
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm really looking forward to this

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
One of your screenshots has a square box instead of an apostrophe? You should probably fix that.

Looks cute though!

:)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
One of your screenshots has a square box instead of an apostrophe? You should probably fix that.

Looks cute though!

:)

(though there is currently an error with the font where apostrophes are not displaying correctly).

I am aware ;-;

Thank you!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Love the faces. :tpg:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76

Nemo is sprited! Yay!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
The demo is a third complete! Hooray!

Roph is officially on board as a musician-y person too! Double hooray!

And heres some more screenshots (with some more spoilery ones under well, a spoiler)!

Spoiler for:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
that got creepy really quickly o.o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
that got creepy really quickly o.o

Well you know what they say - start as you mean to go on!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
This looks good. I'm interested to see how strange it can get. Your independent sprite work is also adding a lot to the factor, the art style blends in well.

Federal regulations require me to inform you that your game is

lookin pretty
good
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
The menu system is done! Hooray!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I made a video showing it in action because I'm really proud of it >3<

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpq5k0PnLAM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpq5k0PnLAM</a>

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
oh man that menu
and that magical weeping willow <3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Pre-testers have been reporting really positive things so far! Including two poor souls who didn't realise it was a horror game and had the poop scared out of them!

More screenshots! I'll add these to the main post too.

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
That tree looks like its melting.

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
That tree looks like its melting.

Spoiler for:
that's because its only playing pretend at being a tree

Ahh boe i tote's missed them like a loser lmao thank you!