RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
University lyfe

Rep:
Level 82
I've never been this serious about school, but I might as well make the most of all the money we poured into this college. ;__;

It will certainly pay off and be worth it.

The sad thing about getting government loans and grants for my studies meant I never really saw the money I was putting into my degree. Our repayment is also taken simply from our pre-tax earnings when we make over a certain amount per year, so you don't even see the money then. For me, it works out at about £60 per month (so I'll be paying this for a long while).

If it had been my money, I would have put in that extra effort to secure a first instead of just coming short with an upper second. I would probably have put more effort into making sure I was doing a course that was much more focused. General Computer Science means you do things you have no interest in as well as bits you do.

Still, good luck and work hard (but not too hard that you forget to have fun).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Looogan! Great to see you!! ^_^

If it had been my money, I would have put in that extra effort to secure a first instead of just coming short with an upper second. I would probably have put more effort into making sure I was doing a course that was much more focused. General Computer Science means you do things you have no interest in as well as bits you do.

It's sort of like a loan, only from my dad. :B I really didn't want to ask him to help with my Bachelor's because my new school is quite literally 10x the cost of the old one - so I almost went for Student Loans instead. My dad is paying for my tuition, but I swore I'd pay him back for it, because I feel so terrible about all the money he's putting into this. ;9 I think he sees it as an investment, though, since he keeps making jokes about how I can take care of him someday when he retires. :B

I also have to take some programming classes (luckily for non-CS majors). Right now I have a 4-hour night class that completely breaks my brain sometimes. x_x My professor is a really sweet guy, though! He knows I'm not confident in my programming abilities, and he has been really supportive and helps me along the way (and reminds me that I won't die and stuff). :D

Still, good luck and work hard (but not too hard that you forget to have fun).

But work IS fun! :(
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Looogan! Great to see you!! ^_^

Aye, I've been quite busy since... whenever the last time I was here happened to be. Moving, work, welcoming a daughter... keeps you occupied. But things are a little quieter for a while and, with MV coming into the picture, I figured it's a good time as any to get back into things.

It's good that you have some supportive people around to help out. Definitely don't be worried or afraid to ask for help, especially not from parents. I'm pretty sure your dad is happier that you asked for help even if that help is financial (least of all to invest in a better retirement home). And with the programming stuff, if you need a bit of extra help/pointers, I'm sure there are a few people around here who might be able to offer something - I happen to know of at least one person who does that for a living  ;)
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
welcoming a daughter

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Congrats!!! :gracie:

And with the programming stuff, if you need a bit of extra help/pointers, I'm sure there are a few people around here who might be able to offer something - I happen to know of at least one person who does that for a living  ;)

Will definitely have to take you guys up on that offer sometime! ;o I'm somehow staying afloat so far, but I think starting with C++ will make things a little challenging. I intend to take the intro course and then get into Java, since my focus is a little more graphical. I don't know why there was no intro course for Java, but for whatever reason I had to take basic C++ before anything else. D:

That being said, it's neat to see the similarities between programming C++ and RGSS3. :D We started working with inequalities and and/or/not stuff today - and I felt ~cool~ for recognizing them. 8)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]