RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gracie Reviews: Stray Cat Crossing! [DEMO]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJjDMcmT-w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJjDMcmT-w</a>

Engine: RMVX Ace
Length: 20-30 minutes
Full Release Date: 28th August
Price: Free! The full game will be $2.99

This game has been floating around the internet for a little while now, but since its just under a week till its full release I figured I'd drop a review!

To start off, this game is hands down one of the most creative and beautiful RM games I've ever played. It's seriously on a whole other level. Custom sound, graphics, incredible atmosphere - if you're looking for a shining example of what RPG Maker can do, this game is it.

The game follows a nameless protagonist as she guides a young girl home, leading to the start of a bizarre and unsettling adventure. A simple premise, but the games story, thus far, is utterly chilling. I had to actually take a minute to stop while playing as one part in particular really hit me pretty hard. Aside from the graphics, the gameplay itself is fairly simple, with a few well thought-out puzzles and some platforming-esque segments. There is one part at the end of the demo that is mildly frustrating. however, as it requires a fair bit of trial-and-error while under pressure (if you play it, you'll doubtlessly see what I mean).

The writing is solid, and the dialogue and characters are utterly charming. There are 2 in particular that I liked very much, and hope (sort of) to see more of in the full game! Animated character portraits and a huge amount of sprite animation makes everything pop, giving life to the dream-like world of the game. The game also makes a huge amount of use of the video feature of VX Ace, with animated sequences in game and an animated game over screen. I was basically blown away by the amount of effort put into this game - and I was even more impressed when I found out neither creator had ever used RPG maker before!

Overall, this is a wonderful taste of a very enjoyable horror game, and I honestly cannot wait for the full game!

I give it a 8/10 - only because its just a demo! I'll probably write a review of the full game when its out. This is really not to be missed and I urge you to try it!

Check the game out on steam greenlight here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434475385

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I didn't know the game was being released so soon.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I didn't know the game was being released so soon.

It was originally planned for March/May (one of those M months lol)! But then it got pushed back, recently got Greenlit and now its out in a week! Exciting times!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This may be a week one buy for me (or within the first month of release, pretty much as soon as I have the funds).
The only thing I remember disliking was a part in the demo. (I don't even remember what it was about it I didn't like, I played the demo like 10 months ago so I don't at all remember what it actually was.)

Just realized that was posted almost a year ago. . .
Man, it doesn't feel like it's been almost a year. ;-;
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
This may be a week one buy for me (or within the first month of release, pretty much as soon as I have the funds).
The only thing I remember disliking was a part in the demo. (I don't even remember what it was about it I didn't like, I played the demo like 10 months ago so I don't at all remember what it actually was.)

Just realized that was posted almost a year ago. . .
Man, it doesn't feel like it's been almost a year. ;-;

It was almost certainly the
Spoiler for:
chase at the end of the demo. Its kinda hard since you have to try and plan where you're gonna jump ahead of time + react quick enough since that thing runs so god damn fast. Plus there are those flashes on screen too.