RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Solved] RGSS3 - Load pictures in scripts?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Does anyone know how to load pictures within scripts?

I'm using pictures for message window backgrounds and a script for name boxes (MA's ATS Message Options). I have two different text box pictures, one for when the name box is on the left, and another for when the name box is on the right. So, I'd like to see if its possible to draw a picture within the ATS script whenever the name box changes. If there was a way to script call the "show picture" event while in scripts, that would be perfect. ;_; I have a common event that erases the picture at the end of the dialogue anyways.

I used to have this all running through events, but changing the box between the dialogue got to be really annoying. I've managed to set up most of my dialogue system to be automatic and through the script now...everything except the picture loading. My brain is melting over this. ;9
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:11:01 PM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Yay! I figured it out. :-)

I was using "screen.pictures[7].show("TextboxL", 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 255, 0)" within the script, when I should have been using this:

"$game_map.screen.pictures[7].show("TextboxL", 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 255, 0)"
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
yay, yu rock  ;8
なんでやねん

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
you silly goose

every little girl knows that it's $game_map.screen.pictures[n]

everyone laugh at yuyubabu
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
you silly goose

every little girl knows that it's $game_map.screen.pictures[n]

everyone laugh at yuyubabu
you silly head
yuyubabe isn't a little girl
yuyubabe is little monster
ahahahahahahahahahaha

pacman why you change naem 2 paccles, u so fani
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
pacman why you change naem 2 paccles, u so fani
i had a personality shift and i had to change my user profile on an online forum to reflect that i no longer identify as "Pac-man-kin."

also i had just become a moderator and felt the need to abuse my power but didn't want to inconvenience anyone (except irock's alt) so this was a nice way to do that.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
am I a scriptir nao
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
am I a scriptir nao
no, you need to earn seven links of a chain from the citadel to be considered a true scripter

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
curses, the patriarchy strikes again
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]