RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker MV

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Ohhh, I see. The link Aco provided says that JavaScript is a little easier than Java?

A lot easier.

I'm actually supposed to take an entry level C++ class, and then I plan on taking two courses in Java.

JavaScript has a similar syntax to Java, so after tinkering with that you might find it even easier to tackle. JS is fairly easy to grasp, really. Even basic exposure to C will help out.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Totally going to learn it asap! :gracie: Maybe now I'll be that nerd helping everyone with script problems, instead of that nerd asking other people for help with script problems. >:}
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I didn't like Java at all. Hopefully it's more fun, or at the very least informative.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Where is this "customize the menu with a click" business? I'm not seeing it. Am I that blind?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

Under "Window Color", it has "Menu Commands" :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
if code [
alpha xf000-00034
alpha xf000-05272
alpha xf000-00848
]
{delta} / 32

See i leanrd how to code. i cant wait for MV so i can start making scripts :D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
T'is is fun.
It's certainly going to be interesting

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm glad that they're making a new RPG Maker. It looks pretty cool, and the plugin manager is a great feature.

But RIP Ruby :'(

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Hmm...
What's the 'Types' for, I wonder?

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I guess elemental types are going to be a bit more complicated.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
http://noobist.com/reviews/rpgmaker-mv-announced/
http://noobist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RPGMaker-MV.jpg
Toolbar speculation. I get what most of the buttons are, but there's a few I don't know about.
New, Open, Save; Cut, Copy, Paste; Undo; Edit Terrain, Edit Events; Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, ??? (Fill?), Shadow; Zoom in, Zoom out, Something zoom related; Database, Scripts?, Sound Test, ??? (Resources?); Playtest.

No regions or character creator?

EDIT: The R next to TileC might be Regions. Still don't see how to switch layers though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:29:20 AM by Wiimeiser »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I believe it was stated somewhere that the layers were "automatic". No idea what that's supposed to mean though.

Database, Scripts?, Sound Test, ??? (Resources?); Playtest.

I think it's probably Scripting, Resources, Sound Test, Database.

R is most likely regions, considering they were opened in the tileset window in ace anyway. To be honest, I thought the character creator was pretty pointless.

Rep:
Level 96
So we're not really getting layers back. ;9
I'll be nice to be able to place trees over each other without needing to use events, but I was hoping for actual layers.

It's always annoying to want to remove a building or some trees, and have to redo everything because you can't removed only the building or trees.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Checking the official site, the puzzle piece button is the Plugin Manager and the 'search' is the Event Searcher returning from RPG Maker 2003. Still doesn't explain the third zoom button, though I'm guessing it resets to default zoom or something. The paint tool next to shadow is most likely fill, no reason they'd remove that...

EDIT: Also, the RTP will be integrated into the engine (whatever that means) and layering is automatic (though I haven't seen how it works yet...)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:30:09 AM by Wiimeiser »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Also, the RTP will be integrated into the engine (whatever that means)
I would assume this means you won't have to download the run-time package independently, as we've had to in the past, and it will just install itself along with the program. I'm sure the RTP will still be available on its own though, so people without the engine can still play games that require the RTP resources (read: all of them).
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 92
Don't worry Modern, I won't tease you too much as you make a mess of things again.

Rep:
Level 96
I want more news man. Like, man, news, man, dang.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Don't worry Modern, I won't tease you too much as you make a mess of things again.

Haha, but I need you to tease me. How else am I supposed to learn?

Rep:
Level 86
I have been hiding from RPg Maker community for years to learn JavaScript. Hopefully I will be able to build something in MV :D

Anyway, the plugin manager interface looks great. I love the parameter setting interface here. http://www.rpgmaker-mv.com/plugin-manager-javascript/

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Anyway, the plugin manager interface looks great. I love the parameter setting interface here. http://www.rpgmaker-mv.com/plugin-manager-javascript/

Agree 1000%

So much more straightforward than digging through scripts for parameters. ;8

Rep:
Level 96
Wasn't there something about people checking out demos? What are those people up to eh.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Still curious as to how the new layering system works. I wonder if anyone's got any info...

Rep:
Level 86
Still curious as to how the new layering system works. I wonder if anyone's got any info...
From what I read in the MV thread at RPGMakerWeb (Official distributor of RPG Maker),
they said the new layer system is "automatic 3 layers". Not quite sure what does "automatic" mean though.

Rep:
Level 92

Haha, but I need you to tease me. How else am I supposed to learn?
Sounds like some variation of the Stockholm Syndrome, though I do actually try to get you addicted with some actual benefits hiding here and there.

Rep:
Level 91
Goddamn I am so happy about MV, it's just taking too long to come. I want it now damnit!