RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What is love? (Bobby don't hurt me)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Are you married or planing to get married? Hell no.

What's so bad about marriage? : (
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:13:57 PM by Roph »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
The divorce is damn expensive !

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
huh...good answer :B

It's only the bad marriages that lead to divorce, though ;o Which is unfortunately about 70% of them ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Marriage: A permanent committment to a temporary delusion.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's an immensely negative statement. Love (and marriage) only fails when people misuse it. I see too many people complain about love while obsessing over how it never meets their expectations. Well, duuuh. It's a perfectly imperfect thing that requires the right blend of balance, sacrifice, and dedication.

No love is perfect, but two people can be committed and in love without being caught up in a "delusion". ;[
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:00:22 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

That's an immensely negative statement. Love (and marriage) only fails when people misuse it. I see too many people complain about love while obsessing over how it never meets their expectations. Well, duuuh. It's a perfectly imperfect thing that requires the right blend of balance, sacrifice, and dedication.

No love is perfect, but two people can be committed and in love without being caught up in a "delusion". ;[
Since I'm pretty sure I've been married longer than anyone else on RMRK (21 years in a couple of weeks) I speak from experience, and I whole heartedly agree with Yuyu.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Marriage isn't always wine and roses. Sometimes its beer and pizza, and a startling number of people see that as grounds for divorce.

Love waxes and wanes like the moon, but more often than not it comes around full tilt. That's why divorces hurt; SOMETHING remains. Sometimes its a shred of it's former self, sometimes its bigger. Only rarely do you hear "Aw man, I'm SO glad I'm going through a divorce" because it is just as rarely you find someone honestly that far out if love.

Where marriages fail is the commitment. So many times couples lie to themselves and say, "We did everything we could to save the marriage, but we were just too different." I contend at least 90% of those couples are full of bullshit.

When you get married you block the exits. The only way you ought to be leaving that commitment is deceased. Yes, divorce is better than being miserable, but how many couples have actually taken the time and used every resource at their disposal to keep it going?
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Confession: I was waiting for RMRK's mom and dad to share their comments on this! <3 :ladyj:

Since I'm pretty sure I've been married longer than anyone else on RMRK (21 years in a couple of weeks) I speak from experience, and I whole heartedly agree with Yuyu.

Awwww, happy almost anniversary! ^_^

Marriage isn't always wine and roses. Sometimes its beer and pizza, and a startling number of people see that as grounds for divorce.

Love waxes and wanes like the moon, but more often than not it comes around full tilt. That's why divorces hurt; SOMETHING remains. Sometimes its a shred of it's former self, sometimes its bigger. Only rarely do you hear "Aw man, I'm SO glad I'm going through a divorce" because it is just as rarely you find someone honestly that far out if love.

Where marriages fail is the commitment. So many times couples lie to themselves and say, "We did everything we could to save the marriage, but we were just too different." I contend at least 90% of those couples are full of bullshit.

When you get married you block the exits. The only way you ought to be leaving that commitment is deceased. Yes, divorce is better than being miserable, but how many couples have actually taken the time and used every resource at their disposal to keep it going?

I know I've only got about 3 years of experience on my love resume, but I agree with this! :) It really does seem like a lot of relationships fail because people either give up, shut out communication, or overly complicate things. Also, it seems like so many people tend to divert the focus from being their own fault - either it completely is or isn't. Which is silly...it takes two to tango!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

YES, YES, YES!

One of my favorite quotes:

A perfect marriage is two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

I think that pretty well sums it up.

PS. I remember hearing once that marriage wasn't 50/50. It's more 90/10. Sometimes you're the 90, sometimes you're the 10.  That also makes perfect sense to me. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:59:08 PM by Jules »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You're all soppy
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
what

It's only the bad marriages that lead to divorce, though ;o Which is unfortunately about 70% of them ;9

Whatever the actual statistic is, it's actually a bit misleading. If we go by your 70% as an example, that doesn't mean 70% of all people who get married get divorced. You have to keep in mind that a lot of people get married more than once and divorced more than once. So in the case of our example, 70% of marriages may end in divorce, but that does not mean that 70% of those people who got married are getting divorces. There are actually a lot of people who stay married for the remainder of their lives. The number of those people are decreasing, but the reasons for that gets into other areas such as morals and religion and then this topic would explode so I'll just leave it at that.

While there are certainly plenty of couples who get married that should not, your post just makes you sound like someone who is jaded from being in relationships with people who have commitment issues instead of the witty and wise vibe you were going for.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Whatever the actual statistic is, it's actually a bit misleading. If we go by your 70% as an example, that doesn't mean 70% of all people who get married get divorced. You have to keep in mind that a lot of people get married more than once and divorced more than once. So in the case of our example, 70% of marriages may end in divorce, but that does not mean that 70% of those people who got married are getting divorces. There are actually a lot of people who stay married for the remainder of their lives. The number of those people are decreasing, but the reasons for that gets into other areas such as morals and religion and then this topic would explode so I'll just leave it at that.

I was just making a random guess on the number, but I like your explanation. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

So last night our youngest baby was up at 12:30 and then again at 3:30. I have been gone all last week on a trip and so knew my wife was exhausted. Our little one has been doing this weird your regular sleeping thing for almost 2 weeks now. Typically I can handle less sleep that my wife, but at 4:30 this morning I was done.

Fortunately that's also when my wife was woke up. She relieve me and went to go calm our baby child.

I woke up two hours later, my wife telling me that our baby had gone back to sleep 30 minutes after she got up to take care of her. She had gone to the gym and back in that amount of time as well as made me an omelette.

We're both exhausted today, but no less in love then we were seven years ago when we decided to get married.

I'm currently watching said youngest while the big two are in bed and my wife is out on the town (aka her parents real quick and dollar general).

It's everyday looking out for the better of the other, knowing they're doing the same.

It sucks a lot.

But it's also really beautiful.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:10:03 AM by bluntsword »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awwwww!! Your family is super adorable! :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
His family is text.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't mean the picture (that isn't working), I meant what he said :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
What I see in all those comments is that you're confusing love and marriage. I don't like the marriage because it's an institution in which I can't believe and that I didn't need. But I can believe in a love you share for a long time (which is composed of a pinch of admiration, another pinch of trust and a big handful of compromises). And if you want to celebrate your love, you could without get married. Organise a big fest if you want, whatever ? The marriage doesn't have to be the only opportunity for you to celebrate your love.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I may have to bow out at this point as my beliefs are markedly different being Christian.

But if you're willing to hear it I'm game to tell.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What I see in all those comments is that you're confusing love and marriage.

For your comment, I was talking about marriage. :B The reason I started talking about love was this comment:

I assumed he was talking about love when he said "a temporary delusion", but I may have misinterpreted that?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero

hun, this is wildly inaccurate. less than 50%, yo. says to me that most people can hold it together. the world's not so bad!
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
the world's not so bad!

What fantasy world do you live in?
I want to move there.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hun, this is wildly inaccurate. less than 50%, yo. says to me that most people can hold it together. the world's not so bad!
I was just making a random guess on the number

:mad:

dammit where is my shaking mad face?! it's gooooooooone ;-;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was actually exaggerating quite a bit on the number, I didn't quite think it was that high B(((
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
trip

boe is that high >:v
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
yeah im pretty high
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ur always pretty high :boe:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Do 79% of yuyu' statistics get misinterpreted?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Only when she's high. ;)

I dont think marriage is for everyone. I myself like the idea; its saying to your partner "hey, you, I love you enough to give you all of my shit and remaining years." Not an institution to be entered into lightly, and I see many couples doing just that. Easily in, easily out. Well, emotionally, anyhow.

Asking someone to marry you should be the biggest deal of the relationship. If you cant commit to it, dont ask. I know couples who are perfectly happy waking up every day and saying "yeah, I'll stick around" without any further ado- and you know what? If that's what works, great! The bottom line is this: If you commit, see it through. If you cannot commit, if marriage is not your ultimate expression of love for another, don't try. Better to leave the relationship than to half-ass a lifetime connection that you know will ultimately fail for lack of devotion.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Fact: The only time I've ever been high was from pain medication :B

I like what M00s has to say about marriage. B) It seems like too many people get married for the sake of getting married without necessarily considering the weight of it. I think it also takes a great deal of time and patience to get it right. I see a lot of females especially start freaking out as they approach their mid-20s and want to start rushing that stuff. ._.

Through my card readings, I've noticed that older people looking for love tend to approach things in a way that is much more promising. They're experienced and know what works and what doesn't work. B)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:40:28 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
What I see in all those comments is that you're confusing love and marriage. I don't like the marriage because it's an institution in which I can't believe and that I didn't need. But I can believe in a love you share for a long time (which is composed of a pinch of admiration, another pinch of trust and a big handful of compromises). And if you want to celebrate your love, you could without get married. Organise a big fest if you want, whatever ? The marriage doesn't have to be the only opportunity for you to celebrate your love.

The way I see it, if you're in a loving and committed relationship, there's no reason not to get married.
Some people see it as just an overblown religious ceremony, but honestly it's more of a legal thing nowadays. It allows you to have certain rights, such as the ability to make medical decisions for your partner in cases where the partner cannot, and the rights to certain joint benefits where applicable (Military benefits, social security etc.). This is partially why the gay community fought so hard for marriage, as opposed to "domestic partnership" as many of these benefits were not universally recognized under civil unions.

Also, there's nothing stopping people from going to the courthouse and getting a marriage license. You don't need a $100k+ wedding to be married.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

The way I see it, if you're in a loving and committed relationship, there's no reason not to get married.
Some people see it as just an overblown religious ceremony, but honestly it's more of a legal thing nowadays. It allows you to have certain rights, such as the ability to make medical decisions for your partner in cases where the partner cannot, and the rights to certain joint benefits where applicable (Military benefits, social security etc.). This is partially why the gay community fought so hard for marriage, as opposed to "domestic partnership" as many of these benefits were not universally recognized under civil unions.

Also, there's nothing stopping people from going to the courthouse and getting a marriage license. You don't need a $100k+ wedding to be married.

This. Also tax breaks. (May vary by state)