RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wait command in the background without using Parallel Process?

Rep:
Level 86
For Good RPG Games!
Sounds a bit weird, but here's why:

I run an event that causes an event to move slowly for (say) 8 seconds. By the end, it can move normal again. I can't use a parallel process because this "slow" can happen to different events at different times within that 8 sec time-slot. Thus, one parallel process that controls it all will end the "slow" for all at once as opposed to each individual event per their time-frame.

Here's my set-up (just written in my shorthand. No Call Scripts were used or anything):
->ThisEvent.Change speed = 2
->Call Common Event: Slow
    ->wait 480 frames
    ->ThisEvent.Change speed = 5
End

Basically, I'm trying to make the wait command run in the background like a parallel process for each individual event. I tried finding a script to make a wait command run like it does in parallel. I feel like that would be the best solution without making things too complex. Anyone know a script call for that? A solution where you could (in theory) tag a parallel process per event could be another solution if anyone has any ideas. Again, a script to wait would sound easiest.

Thank you in advance!

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
You are allowed to use more than one Parallel Process. Just have several. Not sure how many you can have on a map before it starts lagging, but unless you have tonnes of these events then it should work fine.

Rep:
Level 86
For Good RPG Games!
I was thinking about that, but I just didn't like the idea of having 'n' separate switches and 'n' separate common events to check for. Reason for that is because I'm no good at scripting, so I created a battle system with common events. The idea of (say) 10 switches and 10 common events per status ailment (roughly 5 total) sounded ridiculous. I appreciate the thought however! If there's no better solution, I'll run with it.