RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Script or Event? Skill-obtaining system help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Game Crafting Minor
I'm currently working on a game, (it's very much a WIP, still storyboarding, so super early on) and I had an idea for obtaining skills after leveling up, but I have no idea how to approach it.

Basically, it goes like this:
Every character has a "soul room" where they meditate to learn skills. Something kind of like in Final Fantasy XII with the license board, or like a mini dungeon. Pretty much just a map for each character (Maximum, only about 5 characters)
Easy events where you can just go up to an event object, click it, and earn the skill.

The tricky part:
As they level up, they have access to more of the room. Like, only a few are visible and accessible at first, but then say you get to level 5 and the visible area expands, allowing you to access more skills.

Is there a script or trick to expand the map after a switch or trigger? How would I go about this? I just have no idea where to start.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You could line the outside with barrier events that only let you pass after level 5. Then you could show a picture over the top to create a shadowed area.

Game Crafting Minor
You could line the outside with barrier events that only let you pass after level 5. Then you could show a picture over the top to create a shadowed area.
I didn't even think about a picture, jeez.

How would I go about accessing this area, though? I want there to be some kind of mediating animation after accessing it from the menu. Some kind of common event?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
A common event would work. I made a camping event system that teleported you to a variable-based map. It might help.
http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=43560.0

Game Crafting Minor
Oh my gosh, so helpful, thank you!
I'll try and figure it out from here. If I have more questions, I'll update.