RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[SOLVED][VXA] Font help?

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
literal star
hi! i made an account to post here for help. @___@""

to put this bluntly, for the past 8-10 hours i've been trying to change the font in my game from the gaudy "VLGothic" font to "RM2000 Regular".

i've looked through almost every tutorial and watched every video i could find on how to change the font game-wide. i've tried scripts upon scripts, and i've tried every valid location to put these scripts, but i'm still unable to change the font.

here's some screenshots of what i currently have so far.

Spoiler for:

i'm getting so frustrated about this because i don't know what i'm doing wrong here. help??
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:27:25 AM by yuyu! »
★✦⋆"THE NIGHTMARE KNIGHT IS SAYING WORDS AT ME"⋆✦★

(they/them pronouns please!)
(icon from Cucumber Quest by gigidigi)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm not sure about having multiple fonts like that, at least I've never tried it.

With the name, it can be tricky.

Spoiler for:

You look at that and it's like, yo, the font is called "Visitor1", but it's a lie!
Get find the actual name you have to righ click on the font properties > details.

Spoiler for:

We can look at the title and now we know that the font is actually named "Visitor TT1 BRK"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Are those TTF or FON files? You have file extensions hidden in Windows Explorer, and I have no experience with RPG Maker 2000-2003 font files. FON files are bitmap based and cannot be resized, therefore RPG Maker Ace ignores them and uses the default font set instead.

EDIT: If you're looking for some nice bitmap-esque fonts, I'd suggest looking here. Tempesta Seven and Tempesta Five are my favorites.

EDIT II: Yeah, after glancing over the RPG Maker 2000-2003 fonts, all of them are FON ... so they are unusable in RPG Maker Ace, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:38:13 PM by exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
literal star
@mahou boejo: i read somewhere else earlier on that lining up fonts like that would make sure that if the first font wasn't found, the game can subst. it with the second one and so on. i can't remember the thread it was on, but the example for this was basically 

Font.default_name = ["Verdana", "Courier New", "Arial"]

and omg.. i honestly overlooked the details tab in the properties! thank you lmao, i'm rly spacey

@exhydra: oh!! ohhh my goodness @____@ that explains a lot. i swear they were TFF files last night, but it was 4 in the morning by the time i went to sleep and i most likely misread. thank you!

and thank you also for the link, those fonts are exactly what i'm looking for ★ ✦ ★
★✦⋆"THE NIGHTMARE KNIGHT IS SAYING WORDS AT ME"⋆✦★

(they/them pronouns please!)
(icon from Cucumber Quest by gigidigi)