RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Coming Soon: GALER "Plague of Heroes"

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
Greetings!

I am new to this venue, but no stranger to the video game creation genre.

Currently, my video game is near completion, and I have been working on this (off and on), since the year 2000.

Game Title: GALER "Plague of Heroes"

Synopsis:

Soon after a group known as "The Untold Heroes", claim victory over a diabolical warlord, they each part ways in the hopes of finding a new purpose.

Meanwhile, a thick fog begins rolling in from the sea, and rumors of the dead walking have people in a panic.

At this time an ancient mind awakens, reaching out to the last survivors on GALER, whom all join together in seeking refuge from the increasing numbers of undead.

These strangers, both good and evil, are then faced with a truth so terrifying that they must face their inner demons if they hope to make a stand, as the true force behind it all waits on the other side....

Platform: RM2K3

Gameplay:
Combining the old school look and feel of a JRPG, including elements of a survival horror atmosphere.

Highlights that make this game unique!

Home/Away Random Battle System!! ( where selected team members have random   encounters, and also the remaining members of your party protecting the home base! )

Traditional Role Playing Skills Style!! ( Rogues can search for traps and pick pockets! Spell casters can read languages and aquire new magic! )

Magic Creation Option!! ( Players can aquire new magic by combining ingredients throughout GALER, and try random combinations to create new types of magic! )

More details will be coming within the next few weeks, as I am still looking for some help in editing some pre-exisitng chipsets. (Pixel art is my fail), so keep posted if this kind of game interests you!!!!

-Graham

"All that we have is each other, and them..."

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
No offence, you've nicely put in a synopsis and all, but I stopped reading right about the third line because it's looking like one block of text...

Try to use this guide on presenting your project
Besides that, I did actually read on and it doesn't peak my attention much. Try to add some character info, some screenshots, some world information and so on.

The fact that I'm giving you some advice means that I do am interested in playing this and that I do wish to see more of it.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK Junior
Hey Little Psycho,

Yeah, as you can tell I am a newbie, and obviously this post did not attract the kind of attention I was shooting for....

Anywho, I'll read up on the link you sent me, and in a short while I'll post a worthwhile introductory.

Thanks,
-Graham

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Hey Little Psycho,

Yeah, as you can tell I am a newbie, and obviously this post did not attract the kind of attention I was shooting for....

Anywho, I'll read up on the link you sent me, and in a short while I'll post a worthwhile introductory.

Thanks,
-Graham
I'd like that...
I would love to see a demo soon, btw :)

Spoiler for I usually make it this way::

Title
Sub-title

warning if there has to be one

Story

Spoiler for story:
Story here
Spoiler for another story:
If you have one, perhaps some history or whatever?

Characters

Spoiler for Main character:
Your main character including a picture (or put that above the spoiler and just info in it)
Spoiler for another character:
If you have one?
Spoiler for another character:
May be an important NPC
Spoiler for Possible bad guy:
Whatever, place it when you feel it is needed for this guy to be shown

Screenshots

Spoiler for Screenshots:
Lots and lots of images
Spoiler for:
yes, you can use spoilers inside spoilers...
Which would make it easy to keep a post neat...
Spoiler for if they exist:
you could also post some gameplay videos?

Features

• Maybe a smithing system?
  • Or perhaps a learn skills by use option?

Dowloads or Media or Links(whatever you like)

Place the download links here? Maybe even nice background downloads, facebook page, website, twitter, myspace, etc...

Thanks to
Spoiler for Screenshots:
  • list up anyone you need to or want to credit
  • DO NOT forget Enterbrain!!!! :D

FAQ
Spoiler for Question:
Answerzzz

Spoiler for And here's the BB-coding for it::
Code: [Select]
[center][size=7]Title[/size]
[size=6]Sub-title[/size]

[color=red]warning if there has to be one[/color]
[hr]

[size=5][u]Story[/u][/size]

[spoiler=story]Story here[/spoiler]
[spoiler=another story]If you have one, perhaps some history or whatever?[/spoiler]

[hr]

[size=5][u]Characters[/u][/size]

[spoiler=Main character]Your main character including a picture (or put that above the spoiler and just info in it)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=another character]If you have one?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=another character]May be an important NPC[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Possible bad guy]Whatever, place it when you feel it is needed for this guy to be shown[/spoiler]

[hr]

[size=5][u]Screenshots[/u][/size]

[spoiler=Screenshots]Lots and lots of images [spoiler]yes, you can use spoilers inside spoilers...[/spoiler]
Which would make it easy to keep a post neat...[/spoiler]
[spoiler=if they exist]you could also post some gameplay videos?[/spoiler]

[hr]

[size=5][u]Features[/u][/size]

[list]
[li]Maybe a smithing system?[/li]
[li]Or perhaps a learn skills by use option?[/li]
[/list]

[hr]

[hr]

[size=5][u]Dowloads or Media or Links(whatever you like)[/u][/size]

Place the download links here? Maybe even nice background downloads, facebook page, website, twitter, myspace, etc...

[hr]

[size=5][u]Thanks to[/u][/size]
[spoiler=Screenshots][list]
[li]list up anyone you need to or want to credit[/li]
[li]DO NOT forget Enterbrain!!!! :D[/li]
[/list][/spoiler]

[hr]

[size=5][u]FAQ[/u][/size]
[spoiler=Question]Answerzzz[/spoiler]
[/center]

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Screenshots are your best friend, too! :) It seems like most people look at the pictures first?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It seems like most people look at the pictures first?

Can confirm, all I ever look at is screenshots.  :V

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
It seems like most people look at the pictures first?

Can confirm, all I ever look at is screenshots.  :V
That!!:D And also character info (if a main character is plain and boring, it's not worth my time)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Hey Galer! Welcome to RMRK!

Feel free to post a welcome slot in the General section and tell us a bit about yourself!

I'm looking forward to your game but, as a suggestion, please remove the color from your description. It makes things very difficult to read (especially the blue).

Welcome again and good luck on your project!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:13:52 PM by bluntsword »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Does rmrk default to the dark or light theme?

This is what is looks like to us dark people.
Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I don't see a difference

...oh wait...
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
***PLEASE NOTE***
(Pics and videos will be coming within the next 2 weeks, when I have the time as I am a new dad and work full time, so very tired most days... but in the meantime you can read a bit more about the story)

The style of this game plays like a traditional Final Fantasy, however I added a survival horror aspect to this one, hopefully creating a very unique and memorable game experience!! I took an actually Dungeons and Dragons campaign, that I DM'ed, back from 1995-1998, that my PC's and I never got to finish. The beginning of my game takes place from the hopeful ending that my PC's would have possibly played through if they had survived. This is the premise. 

A story book kind of narration follows: And word is spreading that some kind of epidemic has spread across the country side, and the king had sent two scouts out to a neighboring city to investigate. There is a cinematic cut scene, where it shows a city of the dead devouring whatever is left of the citizens inside, starting with the two scouts.

The game begins as you play a captain of the guards in following up with the missing scouts. A meeting is drawn up, and a plan is started to build a physical barricade outside the city limits, in the hopes that people being infected can not spread the disease to your home town.

As the story unfolds, a wise soul awakens the minds of both the good and evil hearted individuals left on the planet, and urges them to join together in the promises that he can provide answers to the apocalypse. As you jump from character to character, each with a very detailed background and likable in their own right, you begin making your way to this one last kingdom still standing. For hope. Once there, and they are confronted with the truth about what is actually happening to the world, each character then has to deal with their own religious beliefs, or character imperfections, in order to cope with surviving. The characters, like I mentioned, are both good and evil, and come at odds with each other a lot through the story. Tons of character subplots, depending on which characters you keep in your party, and which you leave behind to defend all that you have.

Will not go into any more detail as of now, but please know that screenshots and demo videos are coming, please be patient!