RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game in a Week XIV: THE GENRE GRINDER'S REVENGE

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Artistic Dreamer
GIAW 14: 3rd Place (Hard Mode)
*dies*

GAH that was... bad xD My game is so unfinished, it's horrible. That's what you get for being sick for 2 days and working 2 more. Oh well.

On brighter news, this is my first game! Even if it's not entirely done xD It's been such a great learning experience as well! Yay ^.^ I'm looking forward to the results, and to hear more about the other games.

(A small warning to the judges: The game is most likely broken. It's missing some features, which I didn't have time to correct into a "not active" version, I think. And I didn't have time to test it through, so chances are that balancing are entirely off. Chaos! Yay!)

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
GIAW 14: Participant
Aaaaand submitted!

This was my first time really working with actual scripting "under the hood" of VX Ace; I managed to write (with much debugging) a script on my own that modifies SAS IV, and I'm quite proud of that- having a functional demo feels pretty good even if it's more bare bones than I planned. I did end up spending a lot more time banging my head on the keyboard than I had planned to figure out how several classes interacted to get everything working, but it was valuable experience.

After spending a week on this project, I feel like I learned a lot that I didn't know about RGSS3 before. :3

-LFL!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Congratulations to everyone who finished!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Make The Impossible Game
See The Invisible Pixels
Raw! Raw!
Game in a Week!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 83
Didn't finish, but would be glad to have judges play with a N/A score when I do finish later today.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Game in a Week XIV is now officially over! Here are all the people who entered, and their game status:

Total: 21
Submitted Games:10
Withdrawn/Disqualified Games:11

NORMAL MODE:
  • bluntsword - Mystery -(Sun) 6/20th - 6/26 [CT]
  • CrazyCrab - Mystery -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [CEST]
  • Team ChezSandwiches - Text Adventure -(Sat) 6/20th - 6/26 [PST]
  • Team Kodi - Humor -(Sat) 6/20th - 6/26 [UCT]
  • Little Psycho - Humor -(Thurs) 6/11th - 6/17 [GMT+2]
  • Mekuso - Humor -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [GMT +2]
  • Zamullet - Drama -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [GMT+2]
  • exhydra - Horror -(Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [PST]
  • Netol - Horror -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [EST]
  • Sophist - Text-Adventure Game -(Sun) 6/20th - 6/26th [GMT]
  • Gamer Luna - Romance -(Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [GMT+2]
  • It could be you!

HARD MODE:
  • boe - Point-And-Click Adventure - (Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [PST]
  • joy - Point-And-Click Adventure -(Mon) 6/20th - 6/26 [GMT -4]
  • "Team ChugaChuga" (Yuyu & Dr.MC) - Dating Sim - (Fri) 6/19 - 6/26 [CST]
  • Ekima - Dating Sim - (Sat) 6/18 - 6/24 [CEST](+2)
  • Hiromu - Dungeon Crawler - (Sun) 6/14 - 6/20 [CST]
  • delyemerald2 - Stealth - (Thurs) 6/18 - 6/24 [GMT+2]
  • flapbat - Puzzle - (Mon) 6/20 - 6/26 [PST]
  • TopsyKrett - Dungeon Crawler - (Wed)17th-23rd [EST]
  • h0m3r0w - Puzzle - (Fri) 6/19 - 6/25 [CST]
  • lonefoxlaughing - Arcade - (Sat) 6/20 - 6/26 [EDT]

All in all, a great turnout! I want to congratulate everyone who participated. Even if you didn't make the deadline, you still gave it your best shot, and I hope you learned a lot from the experience. Those that have submitted their games on time will be evaluated by our panel of judges. The winners will be announced no later than Sunday, July 12th.

Prizes will be announced shortly. Sorry about the delay on that .-.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:24:28 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 84
So, as a judge I got all of the games that were sent to me downloaded. However, because of the way it was organized, I don't know if I have all of the games, and of the ones I do have, I don't know which ones belong to which contestants or what some of their titles. A lot of them were just named GIAW, so I'm having a hard time judging these at the moment.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
My game is named End Memoria.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Slight alteration, apparently bluntsword was confused about his start and end date, so I'm allowing him today to finish and submit.

So, as a judge I got all of the games that were sent to me downloaded. However, because of the way it was organized, I don't know if I have all of the games, and of the ones I do have, I don't know which ones belong to which contestants or what some of their titles. A lot of them were just named GIAW, so I'm having a hard time judging these at the moment.

I was pretty sure I put the author of each game in the corresponding PM title?

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Slight alteration, apparently bluntsword was confused about his start and end date, so I'm allowing him today to finish and submit.

Read: Aco is amazing.

I totally decided I forgot how dates worked and started on Sunday July 21st instead of Saturday. Anyhow, I just turned in my game: God, Save The Queen.

I even pulled back on what I wanted to get done and STILL came nowhere near finishing.

Oh well, for the crazy week it's been, I enjoyed getting back into RPG Maker. Makes me want to revive an old project or two...

Rep:
Level 83
Hopefully the game Brady and I made will still be played, even though it was 2 minutes short of being a full day late!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
damn, should have submitted my one map

I could have beat the record for least gameplay, right behind Ghost Hunt :(
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
damn, should have submitted my one map

I could have beat the record for least gameplay, right behind Ghost Hunt :(

Always submit!

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Participant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
My game had nearly zero gameplay ... pretty much all story and semi-pretty graphics.  ;\

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Hey, if that is all true that said here, then I got chances this time. :)
Because I got no gameplay too, only a lot of text to read. :D (\s/)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Don't listen to exhydra. Everything he makes is great and he knows it.  :mad:

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Artistic Dreamer
GIAW 14: 3rd Place (Hard Mode)
... Am I the only one who thought that it was better to submit the things I had? My game sure didn't get done, nor did it have all the features I actually planned.

I'm sure that, even if the games didn't have much, they would still be enjoyable. Besides, then you can always finish them later on and get all the missing glory then! Always submit. ^.^

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
... Am I the only one who thought that it was better to submit the things I had? My game sure didn't get done, nor did it have all the features I actually planned.

I'm sure that, even if the games didn't have much, they would still be enjoyable. Besides, then you can always finish them later on and get all the missing glory then! Always submit. ^.^

Most definitely. I've done four GIAW's now and have only once submitted a full game. It's a part of the fun to see how much you can accomplish and what you can do.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Whoops I'm one of those who named their game GAIW, my game (title screen at least) is called Grace of Vil :P should have stuck my name on it

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
GIAW 14: Participant
If there's still confusion about who authored what, I titled mine "Skyless" (on the title screen, anyway- filename should be "web-giawxiv").

This is the first RPG Maker project I've ever submitted anywhere, so I'm pretty psyched to have put together what I did, even if it's only a tiny little demo. :3

Rep:
Level 83
Brady and I submitted an RM2K game.  Need I say more?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Commence with the obligatory impatient waiting phase

HURRY UP JUDGES

too soon?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Participant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Thank you for volunteering and spending the time to grade each game, judges. Please take your time.  :)    Please give me a ten in each category

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I never submitted anything, so I don't have to be nice !! >B(

oh wait

I never submitted anything, so I don't have to rush the judges.. .

.. . .
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]