RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game in a Week XIV: THE GENRE GRINDER'S REVENGE

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Alrighty .-.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I started on mine today and see, that it turns out more a drama then romance. O.o

Well, a small question about videos I got, can I allready upload them or do I need to wait till the judging is done? :) (\s/)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I think it would be best to wait at least until after everybody is finished. (June 26th)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Okay, thank you for the reply. :)

I made something like a developer diary. :D (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Come this Friday, you're all going DOWN

DOWN

TO AN EARLIER ROUND ?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Artistic Dreamer
GIAW 14: 3rd Place (Hard Mode)
Hey, I was wondering if I could make a late change to my start and end date, instead making it from the 18th to the 24th? Just got invited to an event that will tear out all of Wednesday 25th, and I'm already a bit busy in this period due to work, so it would really be a shame.

Also, it's so nice to hear about everyone's progress! :D Really looking forward to the end results.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Updated. :D

Good luck everybody!

Rep:
Level 34
Miscalculations
I just started the project! (almost forgot about it XD)

Good luck guys~ >u<

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Good luck, friends. :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
I have like at least 2 days where I won't be able to work on my game AT ALL!  But you're still all going down... In a friendly competition kind of way, that is ;)

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
was all ready to go
then my start date arrived
all of the block of writing

oh wait i'm supposed to smack talk, um... i hope you all have a good day, even after you lose to me >:)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Planned on doing this earlier but had ridiculous hours at work. Can I combine two hard modes or will I have to stick with one genre? (i.e. A dungeon crawler dating sim or a stealthy puzzle game.)

EDIT
I'm just going to post my project now and just not do any dating sim aspects if I can't when I start.

Genre: Puzzle (Puzzle / Dating Sim if possible)
Start: 6/19
Timezone: CST
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:44:09 AM by h0m3r0w »
"Nothing's changed about war cept' the caliber of the gun."

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think everyone should just stick to picking one genre. You can put whatever you want in and won't be penalized for it, but it will be judged by the category you select. For example, you can enter in the puzzle category and have dating sim elements, but you'll ultimately be judged by how well the game adheres to the puzzle aspect.

Basically if you want to make a puzzle game with some dating sim stuff, go for the puzzle genre. If you want to do a dating sim with some puzzles thrown in, go with the dating sim genre.

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
I think everyone should just stick to picking one genre. You can put whatever you want in and won't be penalized for it, but it will be judged by the category you select. For example, you can enter in the puzzle category and have dating sim elements, but you'll ultimately be judged by how well the game adheres to the puzzle aspect.

Basically if you want to make a puzzle game with some dating sim stuff, go for the puzzle genre. If you want to do a dating sim with some puzzles thrown in, go with the dating sim genre.

Ah okay I see so it's more so to help out the judges. Thanks, I'm gonna go with the puzzle genre and sneak in some elements. The rest of the information about the game stays the same. Good luck pals.

Genre: Puzzle
Start: 6/19
Timezone: CST
"Nothing's changed about war cept' the caliber of the gun."

Rep:
Level 96
W3LCOM3 TO TH3 G4M3 1N 4 W33K HOM3ROW M4Y TH3 ODDS B3 3V3R 1N YOUR F4VOR >:]
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Attractive Female Member
I may have to pull out, unless it would be possible to switch my start date to the 20th. I haven't even gotten a chance to open my maker folder or VX all week, my cat Zot has been throwing up fluid for days and on Monday and Tuesday he stopped eating, and we've been back and forth to the vets and taking care of him. He's doing much better now, thankfully, seems the meds they have him on are letting him eat again and he's slowly getting back to normal.

Rep:
Level 96
I moved your start date.
Hope everything works out. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My start day is today, but I might not actually get the chance to work on the game today. :B I guess we'll see. Malson just moved to a new place, so we're going to spend some time exploring the area. And my mouse batteries died and I hate using the touch pad thing. :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
GIAW 14: Participant
1. Genre: Hard Mode - Arcade
2. (Saturday) Start June 20th 12:00 AM - Finish June 26th 11:59 PM
3. Timezone: EDT (It's 5:24pm here as I post this).

Happy GIAW-ing, everyone! :3

Rep:
Level 96
Welcome.
Welcome, to GIAW XIV.
You have chosen, or been chosen, to enter one of our finest RPG Maker competitions.
And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through to parts unknown, welcome, to GIAW XIV. It's better here.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This might look a little like the menu from the Postman. :B We're not very script saavy, and they're all public scripts, so it should be ok. Yes? ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Mine is looking to be very, very short.  ;o   I went and tried some spiffiness and that cost me some time.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
 :'( :'( most likely due to some problems that came up I won't be able to compete.

Rep:
Level 96
There's always next time. :)
Hope everything works out.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&