RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Splatoon

Poll

what are you now

I'm a squid now
3 (60%)
I'm a kid now
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Who's getting Splatoon? For those of you who may not know, it's a third person shooter where you shoot ink and can switch between human form and squid form. The squid can only swim in your team's ink, it moves very quickly, it can swim up walls and it's difficult to detect. The catch is you have to be in human form to shoot ink. If you shoot an opponent with enough ink, they die and respawn.

I played three of the hour-long testfires and it's pretty fun. The squid form makes the game very interesting. It's both an effective stealth tool and a fantastic way to dodge and move quickly to a better position. People who know how to use the squid form well can do some crazy stuff. I remember watching some dude play the game who was moving around like a god darn turbocat while decimating everyone. It was like watching a pro smasher play Melee (I'm probably exaggerating).

The game mode in the testfire was Turf War, which is a 4v4 battle in which you try to cover the most ground with your team's ink.

Splatoon's not without its flaws though. Pre-match, you don't know what weapons your teams are going to pick and there's no way to switch during the match, so you can wind up with three or four splat chargers and lose as a result. There's also no voice chat, so strategizing with your teammates is incredibly difficult. There are also some things that aren't coming until later this year, but I don't remember what those things are.

Nonetheless, I'm probably going to get it soon after it comes out. I can see myself getting 60 bucks worth of fun out of it, and I'm glad Nintendo finally made a new IP for once.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:19:05 PM by Irock »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
what

that game looks awesome *___*
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I didn't have a chance to play the demo, but it looks like a lot of fun.

and I'm glad Nintendo finally made a new IP for once.

wat

If you count second parties like Intelligent Systems, which is basically just Nintendo anyway, then there have been loads of new Nintendo IPs since 2000:

WarioWare
Mario & Luigi
Wii Series
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Rhythm Heaven
Steel Diver
Chibi Robo
Eternal Darkness
Captain Rainbow
Golden Sun
Electroplankton
Battalion Wars
Xenoblade Chronicles
Legend of Starfy
Endless Ocean
Disaster: Day of Crisis

And then there's stuff like The Last Story which was made by Mistwalker (a 3rd party) but funded entirely by Nintendo (and there are even character trophies from the game in SSB4). Things like these are hard to tell who actually owns the IP so I didn't count them. Of course, not all of those games I listed are great and several of them use already existing characters, but it's silly to say Nintendo never makes new IPs.
:tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
some of those aren't IPs

WarioWare
Mario & Luigi
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Luigi's Mansion

not at all aruguing against you, just sayin that i'm pretty sure that these are part of the mario IP not their own ips
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
and I'm glad Nintendo finally made a new IP for once.

wat

If you count second parties like Intelligent Systems, which is basically just Nintendo anyway, then there have been loads of new Nintendo IPs since 2000:

WarioWare
Mario & Luigi
Wii Series
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Rhythm Heaven
Steel Diver
Chibi Robo
Eternal Darkness
Captain Rainbow
Golden Sun
Electroplankton
Battalion Wars
Xenoblade Chronicles
Legend of Starfy
Endless Ocean
Disaster: Day of Crisis

And then there's stuff like The Last Story which was made by Mistwalker (a 3rd party) but funded entirely by Nintendo (and there are even character trophies from the game in SSB4). Things like these are hard to tell who actually owns the IP so I didn't count them. Of course, not all of those games I listed are great and several of them use already existing characters, but it's silly to say Nintendo never makes new IPs.

I wasn't trying to say Nintendo never makes new IPs, but fifteen years is a long time and several are those are spinoffs.

Also I wasn't trying to use the word IP so literally. The company who made Battalion Wars (picked a random game) also made Microsoft Train Simulator, Zumba Fitness Rush, Disney Sing It: Family Hits, EyeToy: Play, etc. There's clearly a difference between them and Intelligent Systems. Their games aren't Nintendo Games.

Rep:
Level 102
damn it I got am amiibo

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Console only, but not only that, Wii U only? Stillborn. Not interested.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
you were a stillborn baby

your mother didn't want you but you were still born

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
The company who made Battalion Wars (picked a random game) also made Microsoft Train Simulator, Zumba Fitness Rush, Disney Sing It: Family Hits, EyeToy: Play, etc. There's clearly a difference between them and Intelligent Systems. Their games aren't Nintendo Games.

Dang I thought Intelligent Systems made Battalion Wars.

you were a stillborn baby

your mother didn't want you but you were still born

lol I didn't get it at first

... ;9
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
man this game is really fun

but it's also frustrating and sometimes I punch myself