RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Problem with Zeriab Caterpillar Script

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
Hello everyone!
Now i have a new problem... im using VX

I'm using this script. http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=35167.0
Everything works perfect, but when I save the game, and then load the game, the events(caterpillar) are static and do not follow me.
The problem happens only when I load the game. I tried to fix it with an engine, but could not.
If you download the DEMO and save and load the game, you can see the problem.

Hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance .

Cya later, KriZ
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:41:21 PM by krizalid »

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Then try my caterpillar.  Its core is based on Zeriabs, which did have a few bugs.  Its in the "Collection" in the XP scripts database.  The "Collection" also has a few thousand (literally) more features for you to play with too...
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
thx for your help, buy im using VX, not xp.

kriz...

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
Sorry for this double post...
I found the solution myself , again ...

This is the solution:

- You have to press F11(script editor) and go to "scenes", then "Scene_File".
- Go to the line 195 and paste this
$game_switches[23] = true

So, when you execute load, automaticly the switch 23 turn on, and the events (caterpillar) follow you again. (the DEMO used the switch 23)

If someone use this caterplillar script on VX, this will be a truly helpful solution to this bug.

Cya later

KriZ

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you do have an issue with a specific script next time you CAN post in the thread. Zeriab is usually pretty good about checking his posts when they're replied to and is always glad to help. Glad you got it figured out!

If it's alright with you I think I'll merge this into that thread so if someone else has the same situation they'll see it right there in Z's thread.