RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] MOG Monogatari menu + Quest Journal problem

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
 Hi I'm using MOG's Monogatari menu system and wanted to put Modern Algebra's Quest Journal also. I managed to get it working with it BUT i ran in to two problems.

1. If i let the default windowskin the quest journal window looks like this instead of taking the windowskin from the menu. I also want to remove the category and quest list windows but cant seem to find where and how.

Spoiler for:

2. If i put the windowskin of the menu to replace the default one the text is gone and i only get this  i want to remove the category and quest list windows here also.

Spoiler for:

Modern Alegebra's Quest Journal code :

http://pastebin.com/4pAz9KG5#

Mog's Monogatari Menu System:

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Menu/ACE_Menu15.html

My project:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x41l10u35b66ltv/Project3.exe

Can anyone please help me and tell me how to do it or what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

RMRK Junior

BUMP!

Anyone please?

RMRK Junior

Bump!

Can someone please tell me how to make this window transparent (including the borderlines) only show the text and content. And also how to remove this 2 windows or hide them or something? PLEASE!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I can't see either of your screenshots, but normally you can change the windowskin at line 420:

Code: [Select]
  #  WINDOWSKIN - The windowskin for each window in the Quest scene. It must
  # refer to a graphic in the System folder of Graphics. If set to false, then
  # it will use whatever windowskin is default. If you are using a script which
  # lets the player choose the windowskin, false is the recommended value.
  WINDOWSKIN = false

Instead of false, put:

WINDOWSKIN = "Window"

Replace "Window" with the name of whatever your windowskin is, but leave the quotation marks.

As for the disappearing text, I am not sure why that would be happening. My best guess is that whatever windowskin you are using has no colour palette. I.e. a typical windowskin looks like this:

The 32 blocks in the bottom-right hand corner govern the colour of text. If those are missing, then text would not be drawn.

Just so you know though, you don't have to change the windowskin if all you want to do is make it invisible. Around line 428 you should see this:

#  WINDOW_OPACITY - The opacity of the windows in the Quest scene. If set to
  # false, it will use the default opacity for windows.
  WINDOW_OPACITY = false

Just change it to:

WINDOW_OPACITY = 0

You can use any value between 0 and 255, with 0 being fully transparent and 255 being fully opaque.

RMRK Junior
its in the spoiler tag but il put then again here

1 with out the menu windowskin its the default window

2 this is when i add the mene's window screen

i also want to remove the category window and the quest list window and have only the the quest journal name up and the description.

i did add the link to the menu you can check it out pls and tell me if its happening to you too.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:30:10 PM by MoonStar »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yes, I have tried adding the two scripts to the same project and the solutions that I posted both work fine for me.

As for removing all the other windows, I don't have time to help you with that. Sorry.

RMRK Junior
I tried your solutions and i still have no text showing only the icons like i show you in the image previously.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Rep:
Level 97
Well, did you edit the script directly before I responded? I noticed that in the topic, boe had suggested directly modifying code in the non-editable region of the script. His advice wasn't wrong, but sepending on where you inserted that code that he suggested, it may be interfering with the ordinary operation of the script.

Try retrieving a fresh copy of the script (but preserve whatever quests you have made).

Also, instead of deleting the .activate at the part where you did, just replace that line with:

def on_category_ok; @quest_list_window.activate if @quest_list_window; end
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:53:34 PM by modern algebra »

RMRK Junior

ok that helped but i still have no text

sent you a pm with my skype pls add me

Rep:
Level 97
I don't have Skype.

The problem is that you're deleting the windowskin altogether by setting it to "". Or rather, you are setting it to a blank 24x24 bitmap. Because you have no windowskin, you also don't have the colour palette, which is why no words are showing up.

Instead of doing that, set the windowskin back to false at line 420:

WINDOWSKIN = false

And then change the opacity instead at line 428:

WINDOW_OPACITY = 0

RMRK Junior

im not deleting anything thats the name of the windows skin thats the name MOG named it in the monogatari menu system i got the oppacity working but still dont have any writing.

can we talk on facebook/viber or something thats more direct?

Rep:
Level 97
No, sorry. I don't give out any personal information like that.

Anyway, I assure you that an empty string cannot be the name of a windowskin. Where that appears in Mog's script, it is creating an empty bitmap and the window it creates is intentionally invisible. What visible windows are used in that script are just pictures.

While setting WINDOW to an empty bitmap gets you the opacity you want, it also destroys your colour palette, and that is why no text is showing up. If you set WINDOW to false and WINDOW_OPACITY to 0, then that should give you the opacity you want without deleting all the text.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:20:34 PM by modern algebra »

RMRK Junior
 ok np

yea i got now its as close as blend in with the menu as i could get it. but how do i hide/delete the windows on the left namely category and quest list since i will have only one quest those are pointless.

EDIT:

not sure if it destroys or replaces but this is the status screen and it has text on it thats not a picture
http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/sedszOs.png
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:46:57 PM by MoonStar »