RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] .:FM5 Art:.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I haven't really posted much art on the forum before, so I'mma just dump here what I have made recently of any value, or just stuff I've done really randomly.  :o

Random RPG Characters:

Spoiler for:

^Obviously what my avy and username comes from.
She is the center stage hero of another book I have planned, too, called Angel Alliance.
Yes, be confused.  :V

Spoiler for:

^This lovely spider lady was meant to be a heroine for an odd superhero-like themed RP called A Darker Dawn. I called her Dreamweaver, as she uses hallucinogenic venom in her fangs to create nightmares in her victims, and then spins them up tight in her webs until time to devour them. Not your ordinary superhero, yeah?
Anyway, I later realized Miss Spider off the James and the Peach movie was a great influence here, only that Dreamweaver looks far more sexy and dangerous!   

Spoiler for:

^Ah, yes! These two characters are not my own, but I drew them as fanart for my friend Amy Harnett. I really enjoyed her toons Crystal Amy and Alex in the RPs we wrote on together, so I took it upon myself to try creating them after I saw some of her own artwork based on them. Was very fun, and very rewarding when it made her happy to see them as I saw them.  ;D

Spoiler for:

^This toon was meant to be a RP character based off the mythical kappa creature. I had to look at many pictures of lizards, frogs, turtles and other reptilian/amphibian animals to get the particular feel I wanted, and make a bit of a modern spin of the old legends. I think he turned out adorable, honestly. ^^

Book Art - ALMEGA

Spoiler for:

^This is Redd Prism, my main protagonist in my book ALMEGA.
I'm really in love with how this turned out. I can see the definite contrast between Redd, with his Llorian style clothing befitting of a noble in his region of the world, to the sword (which is actually a Reborn creature called Mirakon - you can see his face appear as a reflection in the blade) that is far more outlandish.
I really would like to draw him more in the near future. ^^ 

Spoiler for:

^
Story: Almega
Character: Gemel
Species: Reborn
Element: Earth
Role: Villain

Alrighty, so, meet Gemel. Finally! ^^

Gemel is a Reborn(a living and breathing manifestation) of the very ground you walk upon, a creature of the earthen element. For thousands of years, Reborn have practiced reproduction just as their lesser human neighbors, but Gemel formed by purely reacting energy. He has no heart, as he rightfully should, and seeks someone - likely a human - to bind with to become 'complete'.
Only, he isn't known for sharing...

Gemel is otherwise working for multi factions in the story. Where does his true allegiances lie? And while playing cloak and dagger, he makes time for furthering his own agendas.
Can't say I'd want to get in his way...

[Gemel was truly a challenge to draw and color! I knew the feeling I wanted for him, but it took a few color schemes to get this awesome outcome! He is your sinister quiet type, so the blues of his rock formations were perfect. But he has just enough of that green energy to warn you he's dangerous before he even opens his mouth! This pic took a long time from start to finish, a few months actually, so I'm pleased he's finally done and looking as I imagined him to be! :3
(And, yes, his tail is floating in segments surrounded by that green mixture of light - tail extends for lengthy strikes! I will have to work at making cgi light effects in the future...)]

Spoiler for:

^Story - Almega
Character - Azul Prism
Age - 22yrs
Role: Hero

Please welcome the very much needed update of Azul! I am so happy he is finished! ^^

Out of the 5 Prism brothers, Azul is known throughout the kingdom of Lloryncia for his kindness and utmost intelligence.
At the age of 12yrs, Azul fell ill to the Blight of Yuxe - a dark plague that kills slowly and painfully, driving some even mad - and found himself in the care of Dr. Eston Mikune. While a patient, he also became a student of sorts, and his curiosity about healing others would later become a major devotion in his life.
But... Will he himself ever be cured?

[I am very proud of how this came out. With Azul being sick from the very start of the book, it was important to capture his character despite his illness. I can really feel his personality shine through, with his will to keep fighting no matter what.]

Spoiler for:

^
Story - Almega
Character - Jade Prism
Age - 27yrs

A long overdue update has arrived at last! Oh, wow, I've been waiting to see this guy finished myself for awhile and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Please welcome Jade, the hero of Llorynica Kingdom!

As the eldest of the Prism brothers, and the primary provider of the family, Jade walks in the footsteps of his beloved father.
Jade is a Sword of Lloryn, a devoted knight to serving his kingdom and the well being of its people. He lives by a code of honor, and it is not easily broken.
Family comes before all else - over common folk, over royalty, and even over the gods.
He finds companionship otherwise among his fellow Swords, most in particular his friend Gemel.
With his ability to follow orders, and even give them just as well, Jade finds himself protecting not one ruler, but two in his time of service!
No matter what life brings, he only wants one thing: to see his father once more, whom he believes is alive and well despite the passing years. He holds fast to this hope even in his darkest hours.

[Jade had well over 30 layers of color. That's CRAZY. But it paid off because his colorscheme looks amazing even by my standards!
I'm loving how his clothing speaks volumes about him that even I can't put exactly into words. Not the average knight you would think of just clad in full silver armor, but then again he isn't your average swordsman.
Love love LOVE his sword. It is named Windsong, gifted to him by his friend Gemel. The blade was named almost on the spot after Jade took his first swing - it rings softly, almost like it is whispering. Definitely a magical sword.
Overall, I just love him. He is such a major character in the book, so getting him right was a MUST. Now even I can fully appreciate his side of the story!]

Spoiler for:

^
Story - Almega
Character - Shaydenn Prism
Age - 25yrs

One of the twins (the other being Solis) in the Prism family, Shaydenn is well known throughout the kingdom of Lloryncia for his complete lack of respect for all figures of authority. Let's just say that he doesn't buddy up to the Swords(the city high guards), and he gives his brother Jade plenty of headache too for being one himself.
He is the voice of sarcasm in any group, whether wanted or unwanted. Might as well just expect a nickname while we're at it.
Shaydenn gets along with few people, so his twin Solis is just about the only one that truly does understand him and tolerates his shenanigans.
He admires only one other living person besides himself - that being Alyssa Cade, the girl of his dreams. Which he desperately is trying to win over.
Everyone else is an afterthought, if even that.

But even he learns a thing or two when he is forced out on a journey alongside Jade and Alyssa to a distant land called Vicebeh.
And even he rises to be a hero when darkness falls over Lloryncia...

[Shaydenn had well over 40 layers of color! I'd say that is crazy, but my pictures to come might surprise me. From what this picture was to how it looks now, the update is just jaw-dropping in my opinion.

Shaydenn has a very different color scheme from his other brothers that I've already updated so far. And, actually, he was the first of his family that I put together! So, his personality really had enough impact for me to know exactly how I wanted him right from the start.
Although, as you can see, he has gone through some changes here and there while getting an overall cleaner paint job.

The one thing I want to point out is the updated symbol on the cloth directly attached to his belt - the original image had a mere wolf outline, but now the Den Mother Ulloryn is depicted with a lovely moon to accent it. Why point that out? Well, there's a little story to go along with this.
The cloth there was actually a dress worn by his mother on the day she was killed. The dress was cleaned, cut, and modified by Shaydenn to wear in her honor. The necklace he wears is also one of his mother's, which he is never seen without.

I also like the edits to some of his armor and his sword. Definitely the sword(named Eventide), as it got some great embellishments and extra detail added in.

Just overall very happy with this. ^^]

Book Art - Angel Alliance

Spoiler for:

Story: Angel Alliance
Character: Searina
Species: Angel
Element: Light / Fire

The main protagonist of the Angel Alliance series! Meet Searina!

Searina is an Angel, a being commonly seen as the guardians that watch over you and me, and she has been blessed with the golden wings of the Archangel in hopes of protecting the mortals of the universe. She finds herself and everyone around her in peril when she meets the dreaded Dark Angel named Titanium, and it is up to her to shield the worlds from his overwhelming power.
[Searina was surprisingly easy to draw, I just found all the right things to research and help me 'build' her. And the coloring was sooooo much easier than Gemel - I think it's because he had all the stones, and she just has normal clothing, etc. Really took no time at all. Which is aces for me! ^^
My fav part? Her hair. It was super annoying to color in and I think I did well for all my struggle! XD]

I'm actually in the process of another character for my book, too. My first villain (Gemel) will be finished before too long. I have his color scheme decided and then I just have to do finishing touches. Very pleased with how it is turning out as well. :3

I'll have to post it once it is finished! ^^
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:49:43 AM by FlameMaster5 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Whoa, those are awesome!! :gracie: You've really improved!

Are you digitally coloring these? Using your mouse, right? That's quite some mouse skill. o.o

My favorite is Dreamweaver ;___;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Yes ma'am, it is all done on PC and all drawn + colored by mouse using Adobe Photoshop CS5. :3
(Which gives me carpal tunnel symptoms in my right hand by all the gripping...  ;9)

Yeeeah, Missy Dreamweaver is quite the beauty! She was totally fun drawing! ^^
And once we hit the pic of Kappa, I really started using the blur tools for skin tones. It got even more apparent on Redd's picture, with his face and hair for sure. So each picture I've learned new things, new ways to do them I guess.

Like the art I'm working on recently is even more different - a sort of (by what I can compare him to that might make sense) rock elemental/humanoid monster. I have to research certain aspects for every picture, and this one required studying the shapes of rocks and how light hits them, etc. It seems similar to the crystals I had to create for Crystal Amy in one of the pictures above, but rock formations aren't as shiny so...

It's turning out SO well, though. I've even impressed myself on this one.
Can't wait to show you! ^^

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I can't wait to see it! ;__; Definitely keep us posted on the art. You're getting super good at this! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
These are pretty nifty, nice job
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Since I will be working at a new job here soon...
I won't be able to finish this piece for awhile, but I at LEAST wanted to show the color scheme I have planned.
Plus, it has the actual drawing of this character set in stone - hahahaha!
(I'm going to have so much fun with this character in the book... XD)

Anyway, here's the [almost finished] project.
I'll put in spoiler in case people want to wait seeing it.

Spoiler for:

Hopefully more details soon!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's AWESOME! :gracie: I can't wait to see it finished!

And congrats on the job! :) Where you going to be working at?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 34
Miscalculations
Whoawhoa~

Your art looks so good! C':

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
cool cool
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Last art I completed (Redd) was back in Dec! This proves I take entirely too long to draw/color... XD
And I always say my pieces are my best to date, so if I have more better than THIS then I'll be most pleased with myself. ^^

Alrighty, so, meet Gemel. Finally! ^^
I added him to the first post listings with more details, so he's officially a part of the group!  :tpg: ;D

I am so happy he is finished. Phew. XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That is

so RAD !! ;__;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Very cool.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Awww, thx guys. :3

Looks like I've polished my skills some since showing you art at Best Buy, Deanna. ^^
And I'm already thinking of which character to tackle next!

Although, I'm not sure on who/what it will be yet. O.o
I guess I'll have to wait for inspiration!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Although, I'm not sure on who/what it will be yet. O.o
I guess I'll have to wait for inspiration!

I saw you working on something on FB. ;o Be sure to show us when you've released your next masterpiece!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I shall, I shall! ^^

Yeah, thankfully it didn't take me too long to think of who was next.
And she's one of my huge characters that is well overdue for an update. XD

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Complete! :3
So glad this went fairly smoothly. Though her hair drove me crazy to get right, or close to right lol. ^^'

Love Searina. She actually becomes the robot FlameMaster5(FM5).
Not gonna tell you how or why, but at least you can compare the color schemes.  ;)

And I begin work again tomorrow. So we'll see when I can do more art.
I hope soon. Been enjoying myself!  ;D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Whoa, that was fast! o.o She looks really awesome!! :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Her design is eye catching.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Whoa, that was fast! o.o She looks really awesome!! :gracie:

Well, yeah, she's like totally easier than Gemel! I mean he has SO MUCH going on, all the little lines and details, and she just happens to be fairly normal. Just an Angel with wings, not so bad. 8)

I'll agree, Karo. She's got her own flair. ^^
That staff is rockin'. And dem wiiiiings.
(Wings are hard...  ;9)

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Do you draw any mahou shoujo? :yuyu: desu
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I...have no idea what that is.  ???

Rep:
Level 96
Magical girls (魔法少女 mahō shōjo?, also known as mahou shoujo or majokko) is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy anime and manga which feature girls who use magic.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Ah, then, no. I don't [usually] extend my art to fanart anymore. I did quite a bit when I was younger, but now I mostly focus on creating my own characters, and possibly the characters of those I used to RP with. ^^

Really helps me to 'see' the characters after I've drawn them in full. All those fine little details you lose sight of when trying to write about them don't get lost so much now. :3

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Next! Been working on this toon for a bit now, and I'm very pleased to have him finished!
And this would be my first time drawing a character with three side views in one picture. ^^

This is Azul, one of the five Prism brothers in Almega.
From the very start of the book, Azul is sick. He becomes infected with a mysterious plague at the age of 12 and it continues to make him suffer into adulthood. He and his family have been waiting on a cure, but everything known to Llorynicia kingdom - their homeland - fails to make him healthy.
So the question is... Will he ever be cured?
Azul sets out on his own journey in the book to find the answer to just that. :3

I'm very happy with this piece. I had to research anorexic men to even get an idea of how his body shape should be, since the plague he has makes him very nauseous and hardly able to eat. So, yeah, he gets terribly skinny...
On the other hand, I like how his personality still comes out despite that. He's certainly a fighter, and even if he does get down sometimes, he still remembers to smile and keep going.
Gotta admire him, really. :3

I also like the robes - the robe he is wearing is not his sense of fashion exactly. The robe is for all Llorians that came down with the Blight of Yuxe, or the plague, and must be worn outside the sanitarium they normally are cared for in to let others know they are sick.
Yuxe was one of the demi-god wolf beasts known to Llorians that spread the plague, so his symbol can also be seen on the sides of the sanitarium robes.

Just a very well detailed character. Happy with his update. ^^

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I think varying the pressure on your lineart would really push your work to the next level. :D