RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] How do i change background music

Rep: +0/-0Level 32
RMRK Spriter
Sorry if this has already been answered, anyway how do change the music on a map that has a BGM ?
Every time i try doing this with an event it changes back, also how do i do that fluently from one map to another ? (Without it stopping or restarting music)

Rep:
Level 84
Right click the map name, go to properties. It's in there.

RMRK Spriter
The auto BGM from the map properties want to be there coze its the town BGM. But right now i make an event there and i would like to change the BGM for that but every time i try it changes back to its auto BGM

Rep:
Level 84
How often are you wanting it to change the song? You can set the BGM to auto-change, but leave the box blank. That should stop the BGM, then you can change it in the event.

If you could offer a better description of what you're trying to do, I could help you out better.

RMRK Spriter
On map properties i have set "auto change BGM" to a music (A) that should play at this map (town), now at this map i have a scenario and i would like to change the BGM with an event to music (B). But it gets automatically changed back to music  (A). I tried to use the event options save,replay,fadeout bgm and multiply adding music B, but everytime it goes back to music A.
sorry for my bad english its not my native language

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\รด/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
If you don't want to change it back to the auto-bgm, then you probably need to set up every music in events.
But this will probably end up, playing no music at all after some point.
There's maybe a script, that "saves" the last bgm played, but without a script I don't know an option so far. :/ (\s/)

RMRK Spriter
Well i got around with it by not using the "Auto change BGM" option under map properties, what i did is making an event set on parallel process and making it play the standard BGM for that specific map and then i just put a switch on it so i can turn it on and off in case i need to change the BGM for a scenario.

I knew of this way from the get go, i just wished not to add another event again for something so simple like changing the BGM on a map, its hard to believe EB did not think of that after so many installments

Rep:
Level 88
Allow me to create a world for you.
is it because once the event ends, the bgm is no longer in a changed state and reverts to the original bgm. Wouldn't adding in a timer for the duration of the scenario fix this?

Edit: I'm actually gonna try to play around and see if I can make it change bgms.

Edit 2: I succesfully changed the bgm by using the event: Play BGM. It successfully changed the bgm without it reverting, even with the map set to auto change. Though leaving the area and coming back will once again reset it. If you need it to be changed everytime you come back, I'd suggest an autorun event with a conditional branch, where using a switch to trigger the bgm by making your scenario turn on that switch then when the scenario is completed have it switch it off.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:32:32 AM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Looking For Casual Work (I work a full time job)~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

RMRK Spriter
as long as u asign a bgm on map properties it will always force change it back, no matter how many times u try to change it with an event. The only way around is not to asign an bgm with a map and do it all with eventing or probably a script

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Something I do is
 - Create an event that is set to autoplay
 - Have the event change or start the music
 - Have the event delete itself

Setting it up like this will have it act just like the auto-background music, but with the added bonus of being able to deactivate it with a switch or variable.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Spriter
Will it still loop that way ?

Tnx for the info i learned something new again

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&