RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(SOLVED) [VXA] Parallax Lock plus Autoscroll

Rep: +0/-0Level 32
RMRK Junior
gonna use the template, because rules

<Parallax Lock plus Autoscroll>
<March 14, 2015>

Summary
I would like to have an edit to any existing parallax locking script to allow for tile locking, similar to Yanfly's script, but also allowing autoscrolling parallax images at the same time.

Features Desired
  • Tile Locking, making the parallax image to move at the same rate as the tiles above it
  • Autoscrolling support, allowing, in combination with the above feature, the parallax image to scroll across the screen at a set rate defined in the default map properties window

Mockups

What Tile Locking does when only applied to the Y axis, with my simple edit of Yanfly's locking script. Note how the parallax background scrolls as though it exists separate from the map layer.

The desired effect, with the parallax background (in this case, the water) moving at the same rate relative to the map tiles no matter how the screen scrolls. (please ignore my cursor popping up for a few frames =p)

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (shown above)
  • Final Fantasy 4
  • Final Fantasy 5
  • Likely many action RPGs or tile based RPGs, like the Dragon Warrior, Mana, or SaGa series

What other scripts are you using?
  • Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Core Engine
  • Yanfly Engine Ace - Parallax Lock (which I intend to replace with this)
  • Victor Engine - Basic Module
  • Nothing else that would interfere with this, I think

Did you search?
A little.

Where did you search?
  • Yanfly's blog
  • the RMRK search engine
  • Google

What did you search for?
  • Parallax Lock Autoscroll

I think I found something that'll do this for me, Galv's Layer Graphics.
My only problem is that it's crashing right now. The script call is just on the map, in an event, and it crashes. Doesn't even need the event to run.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:42:19 PM by Giga »