RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Selling DLC on Steam?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Someone asked me earlier about selling [rpg maker] resource packs on steam, and after googling around for a good chunk of time, I couldn't find anything. o_o Does anyone know exactly how to sell their created resources on steam? I see a ton of RPG maker dlc up for sale, ranging anywhere from face packs to tiles.

Or is it better to use another source to sell them?

I'm not planning to sell anything, but I'm very curious about this now. :]
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's all done through RPGMakerweb. Y'know, the forum where blue text is illegal. They have a secret club that you have to pay to get in.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
It's all done through RPGMakerweb. Y'know, the forum where blue text is illegal. They have a secret club that you have to pay to get in.

Wait, so you can't get through to steam without their permission? That's dumb. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I like that the only reason we don't use blue is because it looks like shit on RMRK dark.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I only use it for situational purposes B)

such as making fun of forums that don't allow blue font

that's pretty much it
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
it's because steam does not allow other user to add payable content. you only can add it via the workshop for free. Rpgmakerweb submited the maker to steam so they can decide what is an dlc and what not. but if it's on their store at rpgmakerweb.com then it also will go online at steam (:

and that mechanic is not stupid, else everyone could post their content to every game and destroy a game and other bad stuff

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Honestly every post i've seen by the "Admins" over at rpgmakerweb has been very shitty. They're a bunch of entitled shits, I don't like that they control who can sell resources if that's true. I would at least hope it is actually controlled by someone from Enterbrain.

Because if it isn't it's controlled by a popularity contest run by celianna and gang.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
and that mechanic is not stupid, else everyone could post their content to every game and destroy a game and other bad stuff

what are you talking about ?_?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I think they're saying people could sell like Skyrim Mods, or something.
but rlly i dont know hwat theyr saying
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Rpgmakerweb submited the maker to steam so they can decide what is an dlc and what not.

Does rpgmakerweb own rpg maker? Are they working with enterbrain? Are they the "official" rpg maker forum? I'm confused. I thought they were just another fan forum.

Still, forcing people to pay for their elitist club card in order to put their hard-earned work on the market is complete bullshit. I understand that they want to monitor what goes on steam, that shouldn't be limited to only the cool kids that have the pockets for it.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Are they working with enterbrain? Are they the "official" rpg maker forum?

Both of these are true, yes.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
yeah but you can't change steam to let everyone to sell their dlcs. you can do it on your own website and everywhere else, at steam only if it's approved by rpgmakerweb.
selling games is much easier than dlcs^^

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I don't think you're understanding why we think it's bullshit. We're not saying everyone should be allowed to sell rpgmaker stuff on steam, just that there should be a process to submit resources for consideration as official DLC that doesn't involve being friends with people at RPGMAKERweb

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't think you're understanding why we think it's bullshit. We're not saying everyone should be allowed to sell rpgmaker stuff on steam, just that there should be a process to submit resources for consideration as official DLC that doesn't involve being friends with people at RPGMAKERweb

Or having to pay to *maybe* get permission, for that matter. B(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Does rpgmakerweb own rpg maker?
Are they working with enterbrain?
Are they the "official" rpg maker forum?
1. Question: Sorta, they got many developers on their site. ;)
2. Question: Yes, because many of the programmers are there to find under RPG Maker Web member. ;)
3. Question: Yes and guess the only official one. :D

I'm a registered member there too, so I can say yes too all of these questions. ;)
There are RPG Maker programmers, people that are send in there stuff to add it to RPG Maker and normal admins, moderators and off course users. :D (\s/)

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
you don't need to be friends with them to get your work approved ._.
It's faster if you are, but not needed.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
you don't need to be friends with them to get your work approved ._.
It's faster if you are, but not needed.

But you do have to pay to get into the board that allows it, right?

Please tell me that's wrong. .___. I honestly don't want that to be true...because that's really dumb.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
I don't think that this is true oO
that would be really very dumb ._.

Maybe that you have to give them something for selling it at their site & steam but I don't think you have to actually pay them, to be allowed to sell a DLC at their site & Steam.

here's a FAQ about Submiting resources to them: DLC Submission
I haven't found anything about costs in the first to posts made by the Staff Member, but I haven't read the whole thread to be honest^^"

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aha! That link is pretty helpful and is probably exactly what I was looking for. :B Oh, hey! It's a Luna post! ;o;

From what it looks like, you don't have to pay to put your stuff up... I'm really glad that wasn't true, honestly. They probably do take a portion of the profits, but at least it's not accessed by some secret board. I guess you just have to PM them or post or something.

Thanks for clearing that up, Flipely! :]

*edit*
Sorry about the assumption, rpgmakerweb. :( Even if they are the stuck-up goodie-goodie sister of the RPG Maker scene. >:p I guess that makes us the bitchy, apathetic, edgy, dark sister?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:55:56 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Screw you Yuyu don't apologize. Our blood pools and we cry dark tears when we look upon that site.

HEIL SATAN!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But they have Lunarea! I looked up her graphics when I was a wee scrubling. ;~;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
ok im sorry dnt be mad are we can be friend still ;~:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
its ok i forgive u
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Lunarea's one of the few people there that doesn't strike me as a total douchebag.
I find it incredibly ironic that touchfuzzy was chastising another member about politeness in the thread split from the DLC one.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I find it incredibly ironic that touchfuzzy was chastising another member about politeness in the thread split from the DLC one.

Oh, yeah! I read that, too. :B I actually thought the guy was being a bit of a jerk, though. Cel and Luna put a lot of work into their tiles, and many of them are completely custom made. Not to mention that the enterbrain king himself gives them the ok for what they do.

That was just an overall shitfest. Dayum. :anski2:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:58:10 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]