RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[FEBRUARY 2015] RMRK Monthly Spotlight

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

- RMRK Monthly Spotlight -
FEBRUARY 2015

Welcome to the first RMRK Monthly Spotlight! Just as the title suggests, there is a spotlight that will come monthly, operated by our very own machine-certified (not really but ok) moderators. Each month, we will cast the beaming and glorious spotlight upon very deserving, unsung heroes. The spotlight is going to have three general sections: 1. Great Contributions & Resources, 2. Games You Really Should Play, 3. Heroes of the Month. *Note: Due to this being a new thing, not all of these spotlights are necessarily from February!

Without further ado, let's do this.

Great Contributions & Resources
*Anything related to resources (scripts, graphics, music, etc) to be used in games or other media, as well as contributions that are made for fun and enjoyed by the community.
Etude87's Menu Editor
by Etude87
Even the best work-of-art games need their own menu design, and this little gem has got you covered. Here's a list of some of the features: edit menu commands, actor status windows, window position and size. You can also add things, such as: background images, time, gold, and name windows.

Click here for the VX version!

Journal Scene [VXA]
by VianoceGames
If you're working on creating an epic RPG adventure, chances are you'll need a journal to keep track of your player's progress. Journal scripts are rewarding, but can take up a lot of time to set up. This particular script is easy to use and gets the job done.

Meku's Songies
by Mekuso
Rmrk has become strangely popular among musician game makers in the past. Quietly, another one has slipped among us! If you want to hear some pretty neat stuff, Meku's songies are quite lovely!

Chaos Symphony
by pacmn (Pacman)
On the very last day of February (depending on your timezone, I guess), Pacman unleashes his greatness with a surprise song. This Symphony is well-designed and beautiful, truly a great piece! Many of our members enjoyed listening to its snazzy rhythm -- and we think you will, too!

Games You Really Should Play
*See your game here? Be proud! This is our way of showing off your hours of hard work that blossomed into the beautiful project you have today! As for everyone else: Play that game!
The Worldbuilder's Fate [VX]
by FlipelyFlip
The Worldbuilder's Fate is a beautiful game with a story that offers a lot of promise. Keep an eye out for the demo - this game already looks really, really great (and not just visually).
Speaking of visual greatness...

METAL GEAR SOLID XP INFANTRY OPS [XP]
by ChainsawMelody
Like Metal Gear Solid? Well, you'll probably like this, too! Not only is this game cool-looking, but it seems to contain a lot of interesting features that replicate MGS 2. This ain't your normal fan game.
Behold the awesomeness:

Legend of the Moonhunter [VX]
by Geokoer
Years of work have been poured into this project, and the creator's dedication really shows! Legend of the Moonhunter is great at setting the environment, as well as providing an interesting cast of characters.
A look at the atmospheric world of Legend of the Moonhunter:

Grave Prosperity: Redux [Construct2]
by justabox21
Grave Prosperity is a horror game, designed with incredible 3-D graphics in the Construct2 engine. Before it became the masterpiece that we see today, this game was originally made in rpg maker...and STILL had 3-D graphics (what sorcery was that?). Aside from the 3-D graphics, the game has many mechanics in place to polish up the dark world justabox21 has crafted.

Heroes of the Month
*Here, we'll recognize specific members for any other contributions, assistance, or general awesomness that they kindly share with the rest of us internet peoples.

SoulPour777
Take a look at the scripting section and I'm sure you'll see tons of SoulPour's work. SoulPour is a member that shows up bearing gifts and asks for nothing in return. The spotlight shines upon you, SoulPour! We greatly appreciate the contributions you have made to the forums!

boe
Boe's crazy alter-ego tends to speak in a louder volume than the half of him that roams the forums, helping random strangers with their scripting issues. Well, we'd like to shine the light on this peaceful version of boe, and give him the love that he rightfully deserves.

See you all next month! In the meantime, please do not cease being awesome.

See any resources, games or people that you think deserve to bask in the glorious spotlight? Please post here and let us know!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:13:57 PM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
Wow, how incredibly thoughtful and awesome of you to create this thread.  Thank you, yuyu!  Great work should get recognized.  Ya'll should be proud of your work and contributions! 

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
And remember if you have any comments for specific resources/projects in the spotlight to post your comments in the original threads!

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Wow, this is a great idea! I wonder what happen to the RPGmaker version of Grave Prosperity: Redux [Construct2]. I would like to see 3-D graphics being used in a RPGmaker engine. That is amazing witchcraft right there.

I am shocked I made the spotlight. I would be lying if I said I didn't get excited over seeing my script on there, but I really didn't see that coming when I opened this tread. In fact it didn't even occur to me. Thanks for my "5 mins of fame!" lol

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I can't take all the credit! ;o The idea came from ser strike!

Wow, how incredibly thoughtful and awesome of you to create this thread.  Thank you, yuyu!  Great work should get recognized.  Ya'll should be proud of your work and contributions! 

FLAPBAT!! ;o; It's good to see you again!

Wow, this is a great idea! I wonder what happen to the RPGmaker version of Grave Prosperity: Redux [Construct2]. I would like to see 3-D graphics being used in a RPGmaker engine. That is amazing witchcraft right there.

I am shocked I made the spotlight. I would be lying if I said I didn't get excited over seeing my script on there, but I really didn't see that coming when I opened this tread. In fact it didn't even occur to me. Thanks for my "5 mins of fame!" lol

I should say "thanks" to you, instead! We really appreciate you contributing, especially being so new around here! :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Well I am happy to contribute when/if I can. I actually have plans on expanding the journal script a little bit to add sub-quests and maybe collectibles. But for now I am going to leave it as it is because I am still working on my time event system to add seasons. I also want to make my time event system update the ages of the characters in my biography script.

Rep:
Level 83

FLAPBAT!! ;o; It's good to see you again!

Haha, I'm always here, you just don't see me ;)  I lurk until I all the cool stuff starts happening!  I've actually been jonesing for another GIAW competition...

Good to see you too!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've actually been jonesing for another GIAW competition...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing another one soon. o.o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
Yeah, I've got two game ideas in mind... at least, lol.  Last one was a lot of fun for me :)

-flap

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Congrats to all that have had the spotlight of glory shone down upon them from the top of the mountain-peak that is RMRK... Or something like that... But seriously, great job; there's most certainly talent on the forums still, and it's great to see people deserving of it to formally get some recognition :)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 34
Miscalculations
Oh wow, it's me! XD

Really thanks for saying a word about my music!! :ma:

(Best thing is I got to know about the spotlight after more than a week. lol)

These projects tho, they look really amazing. Gonna play them all soonish~

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah, we probably should have advertised this a bit better. I guess it doesn't help that many of us got the email in our spam boxes. ;~; Myself included...even though I was the one that wrote the email. :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's really just a matter of making it consistent, We spent so much time discussing doing something like this that we didn't do it until now. We should have been doing this for years.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Yeah, we probably should have advertised this a bit better. I guess it doesn't help that many of us got the email in our spam boxes. ;~; Myself included...even though I was the one that wrote the email. :mad:
you probably used too many exclamation points

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
you probably used too many exclamation points
and you said "Greetings" but nobody says that

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:( I need to learn how 2 be more internet-acceptable
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Stop being a spambot - rule #1
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 83
Internet speak is for miserable internet people.  I like how you sound normal, sane, and less than pretentious. 

-flap

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Internet speak is for miserable internet people.  I like how you sound normal, sane, and less than pretentious. 

-flap

Me too. Maybe internet speak is not for me. :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Um you need to stop talking smack about our team out -Staff
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 83
Shoot, I think we just got modded...

-flap