RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]The cover up!

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Eventually I may add a scrolling text intro to give some background of the world I am creating before the 1st cut scene, but for now it is just a blank map that sets up the fade out before transitioning to the 1st map. I am trying to use this approach to cover up the fact that I am changing the player's character sprite for dramatic effect. The problem I am having is that the screen keeps fading in before the graphic changes. I have the transition for the map change set to none so it shouldn't effect the screen fade. I tried using a wait timer before the fade in and still it seems to fade in then change the graphic. It is driving me bonkers.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If you use the "Transparent On" the player will start out invisible.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Yeah, I am already doing that so the player isn't appearing on the blank screen.

I have the blanks screen with the player transparent. Then it fades out (even though it is already a black screen so nothing appears to be happening) to prepare for the next scene. Then the event transfers the player to the starting map with the screen still black. Then the player changes graphic and becomes visible. This is suppose to happen while the screen is still faded to black, but the screen keeps fading in before the graphic changes but after he becomes visible. It is marked for wait until completion and I even added a wait timer, but still it is failing to work the way I believe it is suppose to. I'm going to try adding in a text box before the fade in. Maybe if the player has to hit the action key time will be bought enough for the process to take place.

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
I don't understand that bug I was having but adding the text box fixed it.