RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]The Worldbuilder's Fate

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior

by FlipelyFlip

Prologue

According to legends, a human’s fate is bound to the verdict of the gods. However, what if there was a mortal who was born with an unknown genetic defect allowing them to get out of this cycle?. When life and death do not have a toll to pay for, does the soul become freed from it’s fate, and from it’s suffers?.  It then asks the question.
Just what is the price for this manipulation? A feeling of sorrow?,  Joy?,  Or perhaps  a great deal of regret?

Mainstory

A child is forced to struggle through his life with an unknown genetic defect which granted him the ability to jump through worlds and experience them as if they were a reality. Initially, he was reluctant to use this ability as it was quite meaningless. However, on a more repeated and constant use,
he began to notice something.
Returning back to his own world got more and more difficult, eventually it reached the point that he was finally trapped inside the Dreamworld.

Furious at the fact that he might be trapped there forever,  he begins to search for an exit together with his friends Reks and Alice.
However, there was just one person who could help him return back to his own world, strangely enough, the latter was not easy to find.

Years passed by, days turning into weeks, months turning into years and the child began to get accustomed to the Dreamworld and his new title, “The Worldbuilder”.
However, a day was coming,
A day in which everything would change.

You will experience a story full of grief, anguish, fun, joy and friendship. Enjoy  the  marvellous  story and look forward to exploring the world created by the “Worldbuilder”. 

Characters

Name: Marcus ("Worldbuilder")
Story:
Born with a genetic defect, he had the ability to physically live in two different worlds.
The real world as we know it and another world that goes beyond human understanding.
A world which is only accessible through ones imagination.
Tortured by this ability, more often then not, he visited this parallel world, until the day he couldn’t return.
However despite being surrounded by utter sadness, he still finds the effort to laugh at times.
If he’s in a good mood he may even crack a joke.
His weapons are daggers. He uses knifes primarely as they give him the most mobility.
Actually he doesn’t like to fight or kill other living creatures at all, which is why his friends usually pick on him. . 

Name: Reks
Story:
He has quite a laid back attitude.
Rek’s is the sort of character to continuously make jokes about everything and has a habit of doing so at the worst times possible.
If the group gets into trouble he's most likely the cause, but despite this a reputation of the group is built in the town.
Reks is one of the few imaginations that can travel to the real world.
Sadly he can't take anyone with him.
Most people in the dreamworld are replications of people from the real world who are alive or more often died a few years ago.
In consequence it would be highly suspicious to show up with a dead person.

Name: Alice
Story:
As the lifelong best-friend of Reks and the true companion of“The Worldbuilder”.  She’s always ready for every stupid adventure the two get her in, even if it’s simply to be a good friend. She is haunted by her own fears and selfdoubt, which lead her to give up quickly. Her greatest strength is the five-finger discount. Something that saved her life more than once during their journeys.
In contrast to her childish behaviour her friends see in her a strict mother who just wants the best for her children.

Name: Paku
Alignment: Unkown
Informations:
Paku is a wolf who learned to stand on it’s two feet as well as the human language.
Nobody knows what his motives are or where he came from.
Paku is quite shy but should not be underestimated as he is able to defeat maybe even kill most targets in mere seconds.
A fact that makes him unpredictable and very dangerous.
Some people say that he has even more hidden power, an additional reason why so many eyes lie on him.

Features

Particle System
This system is used to display things like the mindbuzzers and other imaginal beings. It is mostly used for eye candy.

Advanced Shop System
It is similar to the Shopoholic system, but in my opinion it is clearly better. As usual you can buy and sell items from merchants but when you sell your items they can be rebought from the merchant you sold it to.  The stores can show you how filled they are at the moment. You also can not buy as many items as you want. Stores have a defined stock of the items. You can only sell items as long as he is capable of keeping them in stock. But when you buy items, the supplies will decline . (:

Hospital System
Probably the first time fully used in an RPG Maker Game, the hospital system. You can heal your HP and also some of your status conditions for a specific amount of money. You are also able to revive KOed party members. As you visit the hospital more often and heal party members, you will receive defined items from time to time . (:

As you can see, there is a lot to be excited for. (:

Screenshots & Video

The tree of power, one of the biggest trees that ever existed. No dead humans or animals were found near the tree except if they wanted to hurt it. He is protected by the three guardians of the forest. And if they aren’t enough to protect it then the tree is still able to defend himself.   With only one attack from the tree the attacker gets crushed like a leaf.

The forest of the Ranger in which strange things are said to happen. The humans usually give this forest a wide berth.  Noone really wants to know what’s inside that forest because the Ranger was a weird man .  There are even rumors that creatures reside in the forest which would kill humans without hesitation if those were to enter the forest. Though no one knows if these rumours are true or not.

The wolf and the hunter. A story which has been told a lot but will never end as long as the king is rising from his grave time and time again .

A car accident which changed the life for at least 2 people.

The house of the ranger, where strange things used to happen.

Videos
Worldbuilder’s Fate; First impression (German)

Things to know

The World
The world is similar to ours but it can be formed and altered by the Worldbuilder. He does that with his mind by thinking of something but by now it happens rather unconsciously.
You’ll see this happening on one or two occasions in the game.

The  Mindbuzzers
The Mindbuzzers are small,blue glowing creatures which reflect the remains of the thoughts of the Weltenspringer. No one can figure out which thoughts those were though.
Oftentimes objects or living creautures emerge from those Mindbuzzers.

Creatures
The creatures of this world were imported by the Weltenspringer from his own world by imagining them. But he also created mixtures of some animals which originated from his fantasy.   He was also able to create quite a lot of beings that don’t exist in his world like the will-o’-whisp which are shrewd murderers in this dreamworld.

Style of living
Everything was peaceful as long as he had control over his world but now some animals attack other beings and sometimes even humans. The people in this world enjoy their simple way of living which also reflects the mindset of the Weltenspringer.
But since he lost the control over this world because he isn’t able to leave, alcoholism, unemployment and similar problems emerged.  Even wars are fought now.

Credits
Spoiler for:
Graphics
Hanzo Kimura
BenBen
Mack
Enterbrain
Kaduki
Kannagi
J130R
Milano-Cat
Avery
PandaMaru
LordMakar
Jelloman51
Hirashin
Lunarea
Celianna
SapphireFyr
gRaViJa
Deathlock
Schnecke
CLOSET
CaptainProton
Cait

Scripting
IcyDragon
Yanfly
Enu
MrBubble
Mithran
OriginalWij
Shanghai
Kread-Ex
Logan Forests
modern_algebra
cmpsr2000
Bizarre Monkey
Deriru
AlphaWhelp
Hanzo Kimura
CCOA
Star
BulletXT
piejamas
PK8
FlipelyFlip

Music
Kain Vinosec
Royalty Free Music
Enterbrain
Yusaku Kishigami (http://www.presence-of-music.com/)
Jungle Vibes - Matt Porter
Shifting Sand - Matt Porter
Unnatural Selection - Matt Porter
Evil to Heroes - Guylee
Beautiful Music - Oney
In a Dead World - Lublub194
Lullaby - i2abbitz
Death by Solution - corbetweller
Lost Pictures - Nordic Hazard
The Composer - Jazza

Translation (German - English)
Seikre
elevandiluu
Fulminis-ictus
FlipelyFlip

Betareading (English)
hudy/hudyman

Demo
-coming soon-

Closing words

I would highly appreciate comments about possible changes or advices on how to improve the game.

~FlipelyFlip
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:42:50 PM by FlipelyFlip »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Wow, great work so far!
Looking forward to the demo.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Not used to new projects looking this good anymore, where you been hiding man.

My only suggestion would be to adjust the Paku faceset to more closely mimic the art styles of the others. it looks a just a little different. Is it by the same artist? did you draw the face sets? dunno.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
@Acolyte: I hope you will enjoy the demo when it is finished (:

@strike: mostly of the time I'm at a german community, so I was hiding there  :lol:

yes, the face of paku is custom made by lordmakar. She is not the artist who made the other faces, they were made by kaduki (:
so yeah, there is a bit of variation, but it is hard to find someone to make them 100% the same, but I think she did a great job to match it very well (:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I feel like the colors just need to be tweaked slightly to make it fall in line with the kaduki style palettes. still, super minor nitpick. It still matches well enough.

I only noticed it because I was looking very closely for something to put forth as constructive criticism!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Sweet maps! :D
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
@strike: okay thank you, I'll ask a friend if he could help me with that^^"
starts to bug me right now  :firerain:

@yuyu: thank you (:
it took me a lot of time to create them (:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
@strike: okay thank you, I'll ask a friend if he could help me with that^^"
starts to bug me right now  :firerain:
aw Sorry!

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
@strike: haha it's okay (:

@thread:

Heyey,

since I found a lot of bugs during the last betatest, I'll put the translation and the Demo for a while on hold, even after it took longer than I thought. I hope you all will still stick with me and this game and I will update here more frequently than I used to in the past.

Yours,
Flipely (:

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Those forest screenshots are ridiculously awesome.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
thank you Griever, it took me a while to make them that way, for the biggest one I needed about 3 days to finish it (:

Rep:
Level 84
I should say, though, that the car sprite in that one screenshot looks a bit odd. Too small, maybe?

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
yeah I know, but it's the best fitting car to the style I'm currently using, maybe I will find a better fitting car someday (:

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, I mean, it's not horrendously bad. It just stands out from the other screenshots a little is all.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Artistic Dreamer
GIAW 14: 3rd Place (Hard Mode)
I must say, I find the story really interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with it! This will definitely be a game that'll be on my watch list.

The mapping looks great as well, and it's clear you put a lot of work into them.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The maps are beautiful and the story is intriguing. Keep up the good work! I look forward to playing the demo once it comes out.

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
I'm a vlogger in a band
Man I'm ridiculously excited for this
Everything just seems really beautiful
Brandon Happened