RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] ATS: Choice Options (by Modern Algebra) Script issue

Rep: +0/-0Level 35
RMRK Junior
As with my last issue (so graciously solved by the community) I posted this under the relevant script, but I'm posting here as well as its last comment was forever ago and I thought the exposure in this forum may work to my advantage.

The script in question can be found here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=47593.0

Here's my issue:

I'm using this script with the default settings (I have changed nothing in the script) and am getting this error when I call a certain common event (it seems to be working fine everywhere else I've used it):

Script 'Appended Choices' line 457: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `push' for nil:NilClass

The weird thing is, If I call another event that uses appended choices first, this one works fine afterwards.

This is the offending event (I have stripped out all other code and the error still occurs.)

DrunkDorks.com (us)
Facebook.com/DrunkDorks (us)
Twitter.com/OrihimeWarlock (me)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Are you using common events to run it?

I recreated what you have above (minus the conditional switch) with no issues. How are you able to have a conditional switch on with trigger set to "none"?! o.o That's not supposed to happen...so, perhaps that is the problem?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
The event is called by a key item that is not consumed upon usage.
I have another set up to give game instructions set up the same way and it seems to work fine.
DrunkDorks.com (us)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
So, the key item is calling the common event? It might be a good idea to remove the conditional switch and test it that way. I can't even get a switch to show up with the trigger "none". The game won't allow it. o.o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
I thought something along the lines, but we must be doing something different because the default setting for Trigger is None (also Autorun, Parallel Process available) but Conditional Switch won't let me pick "None", only variables. However, according to the tooltip (assuming it's working correctly) the Switch is only paid attention to if the Trigger isn't set to None.
("[None] starts only when explicitly called up.")

So, (again, assuming the engine is working properly) the conditional switch is never even looked at.
I checked the working event I mentioned was done the same way and it does have the same set up, so I don't think that's it.

I hope it's not a script incompatibility, but the error states that something is undefined, and I haven't seen that one before.

EDIT: And the plot thickens. It seems it might be something saved into the game save files, as I tried a new game and had no problems, but even loading a certain save gave me the error. I'm going to try to play a new game until I can save without calling any choices, then save, load, and try again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:01:58 AM by Japhasca »
DrunkDorks.com (us)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Huh...I don't know what version of RPG Maker you're using, but that isn't supposed to happen. o.o The point of the switches is to tell the game when to start calling the common event (only if parallel processed or on autorun). Since the "none" trigger is used to manually call the event, there is no need for switches. So, VXA normally won't even let you choose a switch (the box will become grayed out) when set to none.

Spoiler for This is what it always looks like to me:

Anyways...I guess that wasn't the problem. Even if it is a little odd. :p Creating a New Game might actually permanently fix the issue, since it's very common to have scripts that freak out when you try to continue from data that may not have previously included the script (that's the only reason I can think of, at least). I don't know the details, but I've solved many of my random and indescribable script issues simply by making a New Game and deleting the old saves, so that makes sense to me.

Hopefully it'll work from now on, using the New Game you're creating. :-)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
Well, I do appreciate the help :)
I'm basically always using VX Ace, which I will mark with [VXA] in my topics.
I'm going to go ahead and start a new game and test it...I'll definitely post if it doesn't work, though!
DrunkDorks.com (us)