RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Easiest, lightest Real Time Action Battle System? (For RPG Maker VX Ace)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yeah, like the title is asking, what is the easiest and the lightest.

Q.Why bother making a game if you just want to do as little work as possible?
A.Because I'm not trying to make devil may cry here.

All I want from the script is an attack, and an HP display.
Every ATB I've tried has far more features then I need and they all just get in the way. On top of that, I still haven't found one that I could get to work properly.

90% of my GIAW game creation was trying to find a damn ATB script. When I did find one I could get working that was after hours of hitting it until it kinda worked. It left me no time to actually make my damn game.  :mad:

I don't want to go through that again. Please help me. ;-;
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
So you just want a timed battle system that works and that's it?

If you want you can give me the one you found that worked and I'll remove all the stuff you don't want.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't remember which one it was. :(
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
:(

In that case, if you want and I'm not doing anything tomorrow, you can give me more details on what you want and I'll dust off my scripting kit and give it a crack.

Rep:
Level 96
Zelda combat
Melee and ranged weapons
Text in the top right (or left) that tells HP and MP
A - attacks
X - uses healing item

(not as important but would be cool)
change mp to stamina
stamina for attacking and sprinting
boss health bars
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
That's a lot of things. I don't know how to do these things (really I've never been too excited by ATBs in RPG maker).
Do you think you could somehow remember or find the script you were using and I can build an original system using it as a framework?

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Are you looking for a Zelda-style system?

If you're using RMXP there's one available IIRC. But they haven't planned porting it to VXA.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
There are several available for all systems. The search here is for one that works easily and only has the simplest functionality. For boe's purposes, a custom-tailored system is probably the best option.

Rep:
Level 96
I think I found a good one. So far it seems to be working.
I just have to tweak a thing things and I think I'm set (I'm using tall sprites, but the script was made for the default size, so the weapons swing by the feet.)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&