RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] SFX Option Does Not Disable In-Battle Sound Effects

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
Hi guys,

I'm currently utilising Bigace360's System Options script, which can be found here: https://bigaceworld.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/392/

It's a fantastic and easy to use script, but I'm having a problem with one of the options - the one which enables you to manipulate the volume of Sound Effects. While it works perfectly on the Overworld, any sound effects that are tied to animations in battle still play, which really defeats the purpose of disabling sound. Is there any way to fix this and tie those sound effects into this option? I'm not very good when it comes to scripting, but I imagine it would be because the animation sound effects are performed under a different bit of code to standard sound effects (potentially Audio.se play instead of $game_system.se_play). Although it's probably not that simple :)

I've been trying to fix this since October with no luck, and am getting very desperate. I asked on the 'official' RPG Maker forum, but no one there has been able to offer a solution. If anyone has any ideas, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you very much for looking!

P.S. I think I posted this in the right place (I don't think this would require a "major modification"), but if not I apologise.