RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX Ace] Character creation help

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project for the first time with RMVX Ace. I have played around with RM2k3 and RMXP in the past, but I haven't ever completed a project since my old computer got trashed... I decided to get back into making games and I must say I am really liking Ace. This character Generator function is a great feature. I just wish there was a little more to it. If the face portion made animated faces it would be epic.

Well I made a character using the generator, but I was missing a bust for him. I used a combination of busts from some RTP busts I found over the internet to try to piece together something that looks like him. I am not very skilled at editing pictures so I am unhappy with it. I was wondering if anyone would like to help out a fellow Dev?

Attached is the character I made. He is a Vampire named Benedict. If you like what I did and you would like to use it for your own project , by all means go ahead. I don't need credit just let me know you liked it.

The Character's style shouldn't be modern looking since I am only using the default tilesets. I imagine him wearing a plane grey turtleneck with a black jacket. His personality is kinda nonchalant/sarcastic. Thanks to anyone that is able/willing to help with the bust.

-Vianoce

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I took a crack at making you one. I tried to keep him close to the original. ;]

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
That looks great :) Thanks a lot. I will use it for sure! How should I give you credit?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:48:43 PM by VianoceGames »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
She's too lazy to get on rmrk, but told me to let you know that "Dr.Mc" works just fine on whatever credit method you use. :-) She's not really picky.

(Dr. Mc is my sister, by the way~)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Hey yuyu! Tell her I said will do :D I actually have other character requests if she is interested.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
She said she might help out if she gets the time again. :) In the meantime, she says to feel free to post any characters you need on this thread and she might be able to get around to them sometime.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Sweet :o thanks a lot.

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Do you think you can work with this Dr.Mc?

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:57:13 PM by Dr. Mc »

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Epic, you are amazing! Thanks!

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
>.< i want to write her into the story so bad. But I have to wait to use her. She was originally going to be the main character of my game when I first got VXA but I opt'd against it when I discovered that there were character portraits of the RTP characters.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dude that looks sweet o.o when did you make her, Dr. Mc ??
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Epic, you are amazing! Thanks!

Glad I could help :]

>.< i want to write her into the story so bad. But I have to wait to use her. She was originally going to be the main character of my game when I first got VXA but I opt'd against it when I discovered that there were character portraits of the RTP characters.

yeah I like the portraits, they seem to add a bit more character to me

dude that looks sweet o.o when did you make her, Dr. Mc ??

Sometime this morning

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
I was wondering if you might make another one for me. After I played yuyu's MA for a little bit and she explined her characters to me I got the idea to put a character with my name in my own game.

This is the character I made to use as the actor:

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Sweet! Another great portrait! Thanks Dr.Mc!

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
Used that last one in my demo for my Time system common events. :)