RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Random Enemy and Actor Names (from list)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
    Summary

Allows you to set enemies and/or actors to start with names randomly chosen from a list, defined either entirely in the actor/enemy notebox, or from arbitrarily-named user-defined lists in the script.

Script

Script can be found on Github here, complete with bonus name lists (...uh, stolen from Final Fantasy Tactics)

Usage

In an actor or enemy notebox, you may enter one of the following tags:
    <random names: name, name, name, etc>
    This tag causes the actor or enemy to randomly choose from the supplied names when initialised.

<random name list: list>
    This tag causes the actor or enemy to randomly choose from a list of names in the script file.
    This one requires setting up a list of names in the script itself, in the format:
    [/list] <- I'm not entirely sure why, but this won't go away. Just ignore it.
    Code: [Select]
    "list" => ['name1', 'name2', 'name3'],
    I highly recommend picking less stolen names than the default ones I added to my script just to fill space and set an example.

Suggestions

Iunno. Less-stupid default lists of names?
    « Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:26:12 PM by Feldherren »