RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Custom menu screen help [XP]

Rep:
Level 75
Moose Warrior of the Moose Brigade
I'm trying to customize the menu for one of my games. The part i'm stuck on right now is making the items/skills menu how I picture it to be. The first menu comes up, only taking up part of the screen, you can still see the map around the border of the menu. I got the dimensions how I want and everything in place. I tried to rearrange the items menu to go with the style of this menu. When I go to the items menu (or every other menu for that case) the background turns completely black and displays the new menu. Is there any way to make it not turn black when I go to the secondary menus?
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Please either -
 1. Upload your project so that I can take a look.
 2. Post your edited scripts using the [code][/code] tags.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
In the main method, before anything else, add @spriteset_map = Spriteset_Map.new
and add the dispose method aswell @spriteset_map.dispose with all the other ones

Rep:
Level 75
I attached a zip folder of the project for you to look at rarityshy

And I tried doing the @spriteset_map stuff, it worked kinda, but when I put in the dispose code either the rgss stopped working or I got a syntax error. I'm not the best with scripting knowledge, I know how to edit some things here and there, but this is still pretty unknown territory for me. I will keep at it to see if I can figure something out, but i'd rather help from people that know what they're doing.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
The reason is because you used the wrong variable name. In scene_item you did
@spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new
but in the dispose method:
@spriteset_map.dispose
should be:
@spriteset.dispose

also don't forget to .update

Rep:
Level 75
I actually just fixed that before reading this, I seen that line in one of the other scripts and tried that instead and it worked. Thanks tho! :) Slowly getting a hang of this stuff