RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RE: All of the nominations

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I understand your concern Phoenixfire, but you have basically come full circle on your own topic. As everyone else has said, the nominations are A: Open to all people to nominate anyone at all save for certain restrictions, B: also open to you as well so you have the freedom to vote outside "The Club" or whatever you think the regular members are cliquing about, and C: Not representative of the final voting process. I try and go out of my way to observe people's projects, but four or five posts and nothing else outside of the RM section does not qualify someone for a social award unless they were strikingly memorable in the eyes of the people who would nominate them.

We don't just circlejerk nominate each other, it's because the people being nominated are the only active members on the site. I feel as though you, Phoenixfire, are more concerned with your own position in the process to the point of having to make a thread to show how we aren't nominating for inactive or highly irregular members. I don't mean to belittle your concern with the situation, but what are we supposed to do about it? Like Halo said, we nominate the people we know not because they're veterans, but because they are the people that we believe are most deserving of the award and  the most regular in nature. We are all free to nominate whomever we desire because of our own free will. There is no changing that. If you truly feel like the best people to win the awards are people who aren't veterans, then you should vote for them. Why? Because it is your free will.

If you feel like this isn't enough to quell your concern then you can feel free to PM me on the forums and we can try to hammer it out.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

The Honorable Sophist has spoken. I believe I have enough evidence to deliver a verdict.

:guilty:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
ok now where's the lobster guy ??
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Oh, silly me. We can't end court without bringing in the dancing lobsters.

:lobsters:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
ok now we're all set B) thanks aco!

whatever happened to the dancing lobsters guy? :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
why the hell do i have so many ladyba the hell?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
And there's the shitstorm I expected.

Yeah, there's a valid point in there made by Halo, YuYu and Sophist, but the fact remains, and I don't think I'm the only one that feels that it's a little daunting to try to make yourself known on here when it seems to be the group of members who have been here for a while, and everyone else. It's not impossible to get noticed, no. As to XPAce, I don't really care if anyone took interest; it wasn't originally my project, and I don't expect it to go to mucg further; hell, I may end up just shutting it all down, but I was trying to help out an acquaintance from Chaos Project who started it, who couldn't keep it hosted and running any longer. I don't think I need to be nominated on anything either really; I haven't done a whole lot to be recognized, at least in the scope of the awards; I have a project going on with a full team of people, but it's not really that far along, and nothing to show for it currently. Maybe next year that'll come into play, but not now, no. I donated to server costs, but there's no award for that here. All in all, I have had an unremarkable existence on this site, and like Zexion, although I registered years ago, I've only really been active this year.

This was just kind of a cloak statement covering things I've been noticing for a while, and I simply needed to express my thoughts on it.

Also, correction, I never nominated myself for any of the awards, so, you can strike that from the record book, uhh... Strike..

Another comment here, I would not qualify this as Narcissism, since I'm in no way putting myself above anyone else on here, so my nomination for that award, I respectfully decline.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Ok, since we went over this in another thread: There is no way we can just 'make' you known or make it less daunting to be included. We are all friends, and we all welcome new people who are willing to post more and include themselves. This isn't some damn high school. Just post more about stuff, in all the threads, instead of posting on how you feel you aren't included.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Also, correction, I never nominated myself for any of the awards, so, you can strike that from the record book, uhh... Strike..
Roph - I have his dump account bookmarked  >.>

And self, because it's for a pirate award, and pirates don't have to follow the rules =p (plus I have a collection of stuff I'm willing to share...)
Joke or not, that's a self nomination.

That said, the pirate award isn't for willingness to share if asked, it's about who puts up stuff for sharing without being asked. what are we supposed to do just ask you for random uploads?

It's really telling that you refer to this as a shitstorm when it totally isn't. At worst I'd say we're messing with you. And anski is being 100% serious and professional as a forum admin.

You overreact and tend to word your posts in a way that seems like you're upset that senpai won't notice you.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:36:30 AM by strike »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Ok, since we went over this in another thread: There is no way we can just 'make' you known or make it less daunting to be included. We are all friends, and we all welcome new people who are willing to post more and include themselves. This isn't some damn high school. Just post more about stuff, in all the threads, instead of posting on how you feel you aren't included.

This 100%. It's not like if someone new or someone who hasn't posted much before starts posting in threads or talking to us in IRC we're going to treat them like the nerd who sits down at the same table as the cheerleaders and football players at lunch. Zexion is a member that's been around a while that, at least as far as I know, isn't super active and involved in conversation, but he joined IRC last night for a little bit and he seems like a pretty cool guy. No one told him to go away because he's not a veteran or anything like that, and no one would.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You need to understand that we were all new at some point and eventually found ourselves a place in the community, many of us when the community actually was sort of noninclusive and cliquey.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Came in here not expecting a shitstorm. Not surprisingly none was found. Instead I enjoyed the casual awesomeness. Thanks for making me feel right at home. I love you all <3

@Fiery bird of fire:
Don't let the sorrows of life get to you. Neither the greater nor the lesser.
As for RMRK? Try to enjoy. My advice is not to try too hard to gain recognition. Usually the people I see trying purely to gain that fails. Focusing actual contents or nice and fun talk seems usually to be more effective, and it's more fun for both parties to boot.

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*hugs Zeriab* ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]